Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 Corvette Resurrection after 43 yr break

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by masters9661, Feb 21, 2012.

1. love the vettes! only issue is might as well be a YUGO :eek:cause i'm too big to fit in them!:(

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Step by step closer, its going to be great.

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Way to go guys, can't wait to see it in MoKan. Lippy

4. Philroy

Philroy

I know what color it is going to be. I am not going to spoil it for you, but it will be one of very few 'Vettes of that particular color.:D

5. Philroy

Philroy

YESTERDAY WAS SOMEDAY!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Willie, the owner, kept saying that SOMEDAY he would get around to fixing it up. Yesterday, it was fixed well enough to drive it, and drive it we did. I know it may seem odd to the readers of this post that I am talking as masters9661, but he is my dad and didn't feel the need to share the news with everyone, so I am doing it. Willie and I took it out and drove it for roughly 40 miles. When we got back to the shop, we took it out on the highway and learned that it will lay rubber for 46yds with posi-traction and the big wide tires that we have on the back. (I stepped it off) Anyways, the camera with the pictures in out in the shop, so I will post pictures hopefully tomorrow.

-Philroy

6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't wait, this is a build that I have been looking forward to seeing.

7. Philroy

Philroy

And, after staying up until 4:30am last night/this morning, the corvette is entirely black. I will try to get some pictures posted tomorrow. Who would have thunk that a corvette would look so good in flat black with no chrome side mouldings???

8. Philroy

Philroy

Sorry for the wait. Here are some pictures. Enjoy...

-Philroy

The windshield going in.

Bolting the windshield in.

The owner and his car.

The 377 with the Edelbrock STR10 Crossram intake and new 650 Holley Double Pumpers.

Attached Files:

9. Philroy

Philroy

And some more pictures.

The 377 with the single 850, set up for breaking the engine in.

Fixing some of the previously fixed bodywork.

Shooting Paint.

The front end painted black, with the chrome put back on. This is how is was setting as I headed for the house tonight.

Part of the pre-existing body damage.

Attached Files:

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice ,be a fun ride

11. Philroy

Philroy

Oh, It is a fun ride. We haven't got to try it out with the dual 650s but with the single 850 and throttle linkage that would only permit us to open it to 3/4 throttle, it would layed 150ft of rubber on the highway by stalling it up and flooring it. If anyone knows how to upload a video onto here, I would post one just to prove I am not blowing smoke up your rears.

12. masters9661

masters9661

Time to get a rollbar in the Corvette for the 2013 Hambdrags. Any suggestions??