Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me indentify this please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40sketter, May 30, 2013.

1. 40sketter

40sketter

I've got a front cowling, vin plate reads 1930 GM but, nothing shows body lines the ways these are on this one for a 30 GM. I looked at a Pontiac, it comes close but, it just doesn't seem like that is its part. All I have is the front cowling. Thanks in advance. Just want to make a period correct roadster truck. Even though it says 30 GM what I have found on the internet and local hot rodders around my area, it's not a 30 GM. So don't say it's a 30 GM. It might be a 30 GM but what platform was it on? Cabriolet, sedan, truck, or what? I have the back door, it has a single window about the size of a tv dinner box. So I'm thinking it's some kind of sedan delivery or delivery.

Phil

Attached Files:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

you have a cowl. A cowling is part of an airplane

3. I thought a "cowl" was that d#ckhead off that talent show on TV?

King ford and zzford like this.
  4. Why so secretive with your pics? Why not post up several pics so the Hamb ca help you? :confused:

5. 40sketter

40sketter

manyolcars then wtf do you call it since its not from a airplane,

49cadiclubcoupe i agree with you hes a tool

prewarcars4me if i had more they would be on here no secrets those are in washington dc

just needed some help figured this would be the place since there is so many know it alls on here but i was wrong guess ill fly by the seat of my pants and just call it a 30 gm

6. You missed my point. You posted a tiny pic, little detail. The better pics you post, the better results for an id on it. :cool:

Many cowls and bodies are id'ed here all the time, this place kows their shit, but you have to give us something to work with.

7. 40sketter

40sketter

i askd for help indentifing it not asking if it was a airplane part think brookville calls them cowlings as well are they wrong too only pics i have of it

8. 40sketter

40sketter

dont know how to upsize the pic im asking about the body lines that split near the top

9. You have been here since Oct 2011 and didnt know there will always be a smart ass answer along with legit ones? :rolleyes:

If you have the cowl, shoot some good pictures so it can be IDed, if you dont have the cowl, whats the point?

Either way, I'm done, I wish you luck on it. :cool:

King ford likes this.
  10. 40sketter

40sketter

it has vent in the middle of the COWLING where a gas cap is on most of em and have the orignal dash

11. 40sketter

40sketter

ill take a bunch more and have the gf load up nice and big and try it again thanks anyways

12. henry29

henry29

36 chevy truck

13. looks to be pre 31 chevy from the lines

14. studeynut

studeynut

Its not a 30, its a 36 Chevy PU/truck cowl

15. 40sketter

40sketter

thanks for a better ID on this i had pulled up random pics last nite after logging out of here of a 36-37 but it had a cab style when i got this it was just the back door if it even goes with the piece i have but those body lines were the same. it lookd to have a windshield like a early roadster at some point idk but thanks again for real answers

16. Fenders

Fenders

IT's a cowl. Show me where Brookville or any other intelligent manufacturer calls it a cowling...
    http://brookvilleroadster.com/store/cowl-section/

17. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

No thin skins here! ask a about wheel covers & hubcaps!:eek: more photos will get better guesses :rolleyes:

18. 40sketter

40sketter

when i was talking to a guy from brookville in austin i say i have the front he says cowl now if you want to say i didnt hear that whatever i did. i guess its a nose cone but again where im from a nose cone is on a racecar. just as some say pop referring to soda hell i call it a coke. fenders you must have lost at bingo lastnite cuz i used the wrong word i say yall. i bet you say you all i guess when i get 3287 post on here ill be super smart but that wont change where im from or how i talk or what i heard someone call parts...

19. 40sketter

40sketter

ill get some more pics this weekend and post em but the rear door looks the same as a 1936 chevy gc panel truck long slender door was i guess two of them with a small window. gotta head to the reservation and make some coins YALL HAVE A GOOD DAY

20. 40sketter

40sketter

says it replaces the gas tank and comes ribbed i guess i should call into work and have my eyes checked cuz all put together like mine is look and smells like a cowl so fender (bent) its a cowl have a great day at bingo

21. flathead okie

flathead okie

What?????

22. I'd offer some advice but it's clear the OP won't listen to it if he doesn't like it.

RDR likes this.
  23. Do you have the doorings or the hooding?

zzford, chopndrop, Budget36 and 2 others like this.
  24. 40sketter

40sketter

no doors other than the rear ill get the lady to post up better pics with her fancy camera i took that one with my phone it was nxt to a forty ford two door sedan the lady gave me for helping work her sisters cattle ill get the dash front thingyMAjigger and the one rear door ive got. but i dont mind ppl posting rustynewyorker just didnt need to hear negativity on how i talk or how things were discribed to me by ppl who make em. thats for facebook not the hamb if i wanted to hear that kind of talk id go listen to my dad say how rusty my cars are and how junky they are but i dont

25. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

Instead of start a new thread thought I’d ask here, can any identify these [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

27. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

28. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

1950 Buick bumper guard/bumperette

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

hans mercman likes this.
  29. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

I mean I knew what it was, just not what it came off Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

Can anyone name this tranny? My guess is old Ford auto OD?...