Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadster show 2013 roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, May 3, 2013.

1. lucky23

lucky23
    from So Cal

I'll be there with my coupe and our club the Throttle Kings

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Brick

Brick
    from So Cal 805

It is my favorite show to attend. I am going. I might also hit the NHRA Museum just out side in the parking lot.

3. Lookin 4ward to yakkin witcha again Noel.
    See ya @ the RRI
    Don

Attached Files:

4. Davyj

Davyj

Noel, as long as they let him into the country , all will be good! See ya soon! Don, you ride herd on that group across the desert country...................maybe next year if all goes well Cathy and i will drop in for ribs.................

5. FlatHead Deuce

FlatHead Deuce
    from Ipswich MA

Flying out the 14th.

4:00 So-Cal Speed Shop Open House.
    6:00 Walden's' Open House

Never been to this event, any tips for a first-timer?
    What time do I have to get to the Saturday show as a spectator?

Is Shiloh Inn in Pomona/Diamond Bar decent?

6. Davyj

Davyj

Make sure you have extra batteries and memory card for your camera, you will need it, look for the Greybeard stickers on the cars at Waldens, be sure to stop and say hello.
    Spectator on Saturday, no problem, just drive up early and pay admission, enjoy the day!
    Spectator Parking

Enter Gate #9 off White Avenue. There will be tram service available. Show hours for both Saturday and Sunday will be 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  7. surfer dude

surfer dude

last year i couldnot get a spot to park at So Cal friday at around 1pm .... i went over to wheelers and when i came back i still could not get a parking space...... i saw where someone was coming at 4pm.... i advised you get there earlier,, as it is well worth the time.

8. Headed out wed morning and will be there Thursday. I drink beer and hang out with some great people and very good friends and walk the swap. Good times every year! My goal is to get through the show! Never have had time.

9. dgasbag

dgasbag
    from Upstate NY

My partner Ron and I will be setting up next to Gene Winfield in the swap meet area. We will have all the cool stuff like flathead magnetos, GranCor 3 deuce intake, Buick brake drums converted to Ford hubs (have both front and rear) our signature stainless early Ford brake adjusters, lots of Stromberg carbs, many old and rare motor oil cans, and as much other good stuff we can cram into our SUV and truck to Pomona from good old New York. Culver City Quickchange is our name and we will also have a couple of them with us! Stop in and say hello!

10. Wife son and grand kids are going. Can we get in friday? or is it venders only? How much does it cost for the weekend?
    Thank's
    Terry aka dirt t

11. Marcy

Marcy

Flying in Thursday morning!

Marcy

12. Crankhole

Crankhole

Only 2 weeks away!!!

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like my kinda' drivers!!----Chasin' lines!

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your answers for LAR show.

Attached Files:

15. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Thanks to a fellow HAMBer or getting me a spot I will be there Friday and Saturday. Look for the OLDPL8S banner and stop by.

16. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Rodding USA Magazine will have a vendor space indoors. We will have Issue #3 at the stand along with a limited supply of Issue #1 & #2. Stop by and say hello, pick up some mags and order a sub...see you there!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  17. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Come on Bill I'm heading out San Antone for Don's early morning 8th for BBQ in the afternoon then onto the Greybeards adventure for a couple weeks.

18. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

Driving my 56 over there. Going to stop at Gaylord to pick up my bed cover. iPhone photos 058.jpg

19. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Ill be there hauling 2 cars out to CA and loading 2 coming back east, taking in the show to fill some parts orders... love the search!

20. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Please come by our swap space and say HI.. How is your back? Last we spoke you were B-lineing home to get an MRI.

21. Paul I will come by and get issue three.

22. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Wouldn't miss it. I'll be hangin' out with Bad Bob and moochin' off of Barakat. :D

23. NealinCA

NealinCA

We plan to be driving my black 32 Fordor. Look for us in the swap meet area Friday and Saturday.

Neal

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  24. As usual I assume you are bringing good hot rod parts again?

25. NealinCA

NealinCA

We are indeed bringing a pickup load...you can judge how good they are...;)

26. I think I'll make it in the panel this year....to carry more parts. Look for the yellow wall somewhere by Bad Bob's HAMB tent.

[​IMG]

27. desertdroog

desertdroog

I'm rolling out on Thursday LATE evening to get in line.

<---I'm towing the 48 Fordor in my avatar in the hopes that I can sell it to fund my other project. Doing the usual SoCal and Walden's visits.

28. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Me and my pop are flying out for the show for our first time... Can a non-vendor sneak into the swap meet on Friday?

We will be in the San Diego and LA area the whole week before... Any must do's while we are in town?

Can't wait!

29. 4oldcars

4oldcars

I'll be making the long 2 mile drive from my house on Friday to get a swap spot. If any of you are in town a few days before the roadster show stop by The Early Ford Store in San Dimas. It is a couple of miles from where the roadster show is held and is well worth the trip. The address is 108 W. Bonita Ave., San Dimas CA 91773. I'll have a beat up yellow Model A p/u with Polly gas stickers on the doors ( not for sale) at my swap spot, stop by, say hi, bs for a while, see you there, Daryl