Register now to get rid of these ads!

New magazine in the works

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Dec 12, 2012.

1. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Kinda bummed on the bi-monthly thing, but does that mean my dad, uncle Ray and I are good to go for the next two years? Thanks for the update Paul, the magazine was the dinner table conversation last night.

2. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Yup...anyone who purchased the 1 year/12 month sub at $75.00 will receive two years worth of Rodding USA.
    Thanks for your support.

Paul M.

3. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

How long till we see issue 3 in Australia ?

4. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

I ship them out the day after I receive them from the printer. The printer says that I will have them on June 5.

Thanks for being a loyal reader.

Paul M

5. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

I just wanted to share the wrap-around cover of Issue #3 showing the six rods featured in the new issue.

We also have coverage of the Lone Star Round Up in Austin, TX, the Portland Roadster Show along with coverage of a few swap meets.

Remember Zipper? We have a look at what Darrel Zipp is up to now that he has retired from building cars for a living.

You can order online at www.RoddingUSA.com or check the web site for a local dealer near you.

Paul M.

Attached Files:

6. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Thanks, I asked Graffiti Publications today when they would see them.

7. Just picked up my # 3 issue at So Cal in AZ very nice issue great coverage.

Frenchy

8. Just ordered a second copy of Issue 31 since out little green RPU was in it!
    Thanks

9. I have subscribed. When will issue #3 be mailed?

10. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Frenchy...thanks for the feedback. I just dropped them off at So-Cal yesterday afternoon. We appreciated you being a loyal reader and customer!

Paul M

11. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Dave,

Our printer in Phoenix, AZ did the subscriber mail out on Tuesday so you should be receiving Issue #3 in the next few days. Thanks for subscribing and it was nice to meet you in person at the Lone Star Round Up in Austin. I'm sure that you are enjoying driving your cool Deuce 3/W coupe that was featured in our premier issue.

Paul M

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  12. I subscribed and ordered issue's 1 and 2, just got those and issue 3 in the mail, WOW! Great pics and really nice glossy layout, similar to TRJ, very nice, I can't wait for more! The coverage of Austin Lonestar Roundup was the best ever! Very good magazine, take a look, you will like it.

13. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I got Issue 3 this week.

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Still waiting to see news-stand distribution up here in Canada. The rodding magazine selection is slim these days.

15. I have read more in the last few days, I am excited to report this is a fine magazine with good editorial content , try it, you'll like it! :D

16. fantail

fantail
    from Vancouver

Contact B&N Hot Rods in B.C. they are covering western Canada

http://www.hotrodparts.ca/B-N-News.page

17. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Is there a HAMB discount ?

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I am referring to mainstream news stand distribution in all the regular stores like magazine stands in places like the book stores and even Wally world for that matter, drug store magazine racks and the like.

19. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Thanks for your interest in Rodding USA. Sorry, we will not persue "mainstream distribution" in the near future. Due to the fact that the expected return is sales ranging from 12-20% we will stick to our Dealer Network along with single and subs ordered directly through me [email protected] or our website: www.RoddingUSA.com You can purchase the online version through our website for $5.99 per issue.
    Paul Martinez
    Editor

20. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Is there a discount for Alliance members?

21. Hey RODDING USA, I ordered an extra copy of issue 1 since a car I built is in it. I paid for it on May 29 - any idea when i might expect it??????
    Thanks

22. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

No worries, it will show up. I've ordered a few copies and they seem to take up to a couple of weeks to receive. Maybe Paul has been out covering a few car shows and not in the office??

23. This bridges the gap between TRJ and the regular 'zines such as Street Rodder, Rod and Custom and Rod and Kulture. A very nice addition, please help support this, subscribe today! :D

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well Paul, I can see your point regarding rate of return however it is a disappointment.

I wonder if the wider circulation and exposure would be worth the lower rate of return ?

25. I'm sure those involved will have done their homework first. :D

26. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Thanks for the compliments and glad that you liked the coverage of the Lone Star...great event.

Tell your friends about Rodding USA!

Paul Martinez

27. Paul, the copy that I had posted about above did come on Friday the 28th. I also got your message here, but since you have set up your account to Not receive messages, I couldn't respond to tell you I appreciated your looking into it and getting the copy sent.
    Thanks, Don

28. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I'm liking the garage visits as they make for great reading. I wish you would show more of the buildings and not just what is in them.

29. Paul2

Paul2
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Just a quick update: We've wrapped up production of Issue #4 and it's gone to print. Editor Paul Martinez (above) and our team of dedicated contributors have been busy photographing and writing about some of the coolest cars, collections and people across the country for this latest magazine. Magazines will ship this week, 7th-8th. Look us up at www.roddingusa.com
    [​IMG]

30. Paul2

Paul2
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Issue #4 is out now!
    Deliveries begin today of the 4th issue of Rodding USA magazine. It features two masterpiece features, an additional four hot rod features plus six special interest features which includes an excellent story on two real hot rod girls, Sarah and Hannah Hoffman from Austin, TX who are building their own cars under grandpa's guidance. We also go behind the garage doors at industry icon Frank Currie's home and talk to him about his collection of amazing hot rods and his exploits in the past. We tour Currie Enterprises new facility and Vintage Air's manufacturing plant.
    Our event coverage criss-crosses America with an extensive 13-page feature on the 49h LA Roadster Show in Pomona, CA held just a few weeks ago plus coverage of the Back to the Fifties event in Minnesota and the Nats South in Knoxville TN.
    Get your print copy here: http://www.roddingusa.com/index.php/buy/buy-print/current-issue-1 or check our website for a store near you.