Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Bourbon Blitzkrieg Run to Beatersville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodSweat&Whiskey, May 13, 2013.

1. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

I am looking forward to meeting some new faces. Mitch, I did register but will not be able to attend the run. My daughter is graduating next weekend and I have five hundred thousand things to do around the house to get ready for her party. I will be in Shepardsville Sat. night and at the show on Sunday. I wanted you to have a local contact in case of emergencies while in the area. Mike and Mike have your back also, I will try to make it over to the hotel or your choice of dinner locations to introduce myself.

See you Friday, have a safe great trip...

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbourbooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3. CHITOWN 29A

CHITOWN 29A

We can't wait!! We have 5 cars makin' the trip out of our stable. See you guys tomorrow!

4. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad I at least got to cruise down with you guys albeit in the daily to pick up my body. Next year......... Hope you all had fun on the tours. See you down the road.

5. Gen pulley broke on way from SB IN to Beatersville. Car is 62 Stude 6 cylinder. Autolite generators ame as early 60's ford. Am currently at Pete and Hollys in Okolona KY. Please help if you can.Call or text. Tony at 574-214-7835 or Matt at 574-210-2046 or Allen at 574-222-5206.
    Thanks
    Matt

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Mitch and Tin Militia deserve a huge thank you. I was thinking the distillery tours would be a bore since I am not a drinker....
    boy was I wrong. This trip was a blast and I learned so much and really hope this will happen again next year.
    Complete and total success guys.
    I had a blast and it was really cool hanging with everyone.

7. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Dont usually bitch but got a Flyer put in my car had thought bout driven down heard its a good show $25 entry "WTF":D NSRA in the makin

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

You must be confusing the Beatersville show with the Bourbon Blitzkrieg Run. Beaterville Show does have an entry fee, but that gets you, your car and a passenger in for the 25.00 It was a good time too and worth it. You could have parked outside and walked in for free.

The Bourbon Blitzkrieg Run cost ZERO to enter, It was a Blast, it lasted for 4 days one day was spent attending the Beatersville show. We cruised over 800 miles, visited 5 distilleries and got VIP treatment and I left with a bunch of cool merchandise most of which was Free. They (Tin Militia) also gave out a very cool hand made trophy with a one off bottle of Bourbon from each distillery that we visited. We also got a participation sticker and a patch to be given later. This was one of the best Hot rod events I've ever had the pleasure to attend and it was FREE!!! although I would gladly pay to do it again. Thanks to all who made this possible. Just let me know when I can sign up for next years run!
    Thanks again to Mitch, Andy and all who help put this deal on.

Attached Files:

9. greg

greg

I hope you guys got home ok. It sounded like a long weekend on the road.

10. Had a great time. Big thanks to Mitch and the Tin Militia crew. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Kentucky. We'll definitely run into you guys again. We will have to come up there to the Iron Invasion this year

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

It was good meeting you guys Mike, Thanks for all the hospitality and congrats on the award for your coupe it was well deserved.

12. Thanks man I appreciate. Were going to have to come up there and see you guys. I think we are going to plan a trip to Iron Invasion

13. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

It was great to hang out with all you guys over the weekend. Definatly made the event much better to do a pre-party and hang out with a great group of people. I look forward to our trip to your stomping grounds so we can do it all over again. Hopefully next year I can attend the bourbon run also. I have heard nothing but good things from the whole venture. Great planning Mitch and Tin Millitia members and great meeting some more HAMBERS. This is what it's all about!!!

14. seatex

seatex

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

15. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I'll post a few pics. That was part of what was so cool about it, there were so many cool photo ops at the distilleries. There were a few Professional photographers with us so I'm sure some really cool shots will be showing up.

Attached Files:

16. Yep, i'm going to steal this picture. lol Thanks Mike

Attached Files:

17. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Can't beat the whole weekend!! We had a great time with great people, cool cars, and and good weather! A BIG thanks to the Tin Militia for putting this all together. Im sure we have no idea the hours Mitch and his people had in putting this together.

18. Well said Barnsearcher.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Scuba's 225

Scuba's 225

Had an awesome time! Look forward to next year.

20. BloodSweat&Whiskey

BloodSweat&Whiskey

Where to start? First what a great weekend. Great people, cars, distilleries and bourbon. The event would have been nothing without all the people and car clubs that supported it. The Romin’ Chariots came in full force bringing several ...cars and an army of members. Den and Vicky from OBG charged down from Iowa to join the fun. The Instigators out of WI came down Thursday to make sure they could join up with us. The White Knuckles CC out of Frankfort were there to extend help if needed and helped get us around when needed. Many individuals from all over joined up on their own making the event that much more unique and fun. Bruce Bowe and the Kentucky Crap Shooters opened their doors and allowed us to attend their Beatersville pre-party. It was great meeting everyone there. The event would have been nothing without the distilleries that partnered with us. All of them accommodated our group during an already busy Memorial Day weekend. Each distillery donated a bottle which we turned into an event trophy. They then gave that trophy away to the car they enjoyed the most. In addition the distilleries had unique give aways that each attendee went home with. All this in addition to the great backdrops for pictures made for a memorable visit to each. If in Kentucky be sure to visit Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Barrel House, Heaven Hill and Wild Turkey. Beatersville also partnered with our event allowing us to enter as a single group. They also gave us (Tin Militia CC) a club support award for organizing the run down to their event. Out of the 15 cars only 3 had attended before and a handful of people. Our group also drove home with 2 awards from the show. Finally huge thanks goes out to Alfonso Monroy, Zak Jokela, Rob Mills and John Wells. They were busy all weekend capturing every angle and moment. We hope everyone enjoyed the event. Many expressed to us how much fun they had and hope we will do it again. I guess that is up to those that joined us. Are you game for making the run again next year?

21. BloodSweat&Whiskey

BloodSweat&Whiskey

While mentioned above wanted to personally thank the White Knuckles CC out of Kentucky. Mike, Brian, and Bobby it was great meeting each of you. Thank you for the all the help. Look forward to seeing you guys in the future.

Mitch

22. BloodSweat&Whiskey

BloodSweat&Whiskey

23. bruce bowe

bruce bowe

Thanks for coming by the shop for the preparty. Enjoyed meeting everyone, always welcome.. We will do it again next year.

24. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Was a great time. Much better that a normal car show. Put over 950 miles on my car. Met a lot of great people. Learned a whole bunch about Bourbon. Would recommend the Beatersville show for you bucket list.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. we need more pictures!!

26. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

It was great meeting all you guys and gals. I had a blast hanging out with everyone and look forward to the event next year. You can count us in Mitch and if you need any assistance on this end, just let us know. Being local we may be able to get a few things done for you.

27. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

28. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Made it in the Ol Skool Rodz mag.

29. LONG

LONG

check out the new Ol Skool Rodz rag. cool to have some coverage. hope to see you guys again.

30. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I'm definitely in again, and hoping to bring some new attendees with me this time. Cant wait to do it again!