Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Springfield (OH) swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, May 24, 2013.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Springfield (OH) Spring swap starts TODAY. Fri-Sun. I am not going but good meet with plenty of HAMB friendly parts. Let me know what I missed.

2. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I did not go today either but will give the post a bump for you.

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Had a good time today and found some good parts and going back tomorrow and Sunday too...

4. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Will be there Saturday..looking forward to it.

5. metal man

metal man

I saw your coupe today, hoped to meet you but you were not around. I've got the Mullins trailer over in the F section, up high on a car trailer. Stop by and introduce yourself.

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will be there tomorrow.

7. I was going to go up in the morning but im going to stay home and work on my t-bird

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

So anybody pick up anything they couldn't live without? I talked to some other vendors who said it was down...crowd down sales down,,,kind of glad I didn't go

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I finally bought something,its a early 60s Ford NOS trunk light that I will be installing in my 55 Ford.

10. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Hey metal man, haven't been on the Hamb since Friday but did see your Mullins trailer and looked at some stuff in your space.. Can't remember if I bought any thing from you though.. Maybe at the fall meet we'll hook up....

11. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

Found some clean bumpers for the 50 chevy truck, nice set of 38 plates I was looking for & my buddy scored some parts for his truck... Plenty of parts, not a bad day on Saturday at all

12. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I have set up for the last 5 years there and this was one of the better shows. Good weather and lots of lookers.
    Had a good weekend and didn`t rain or get too hot.

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I heard the weather was about perfect, but heard from several vendors that sales and crowd were down from normal. Glad you did OK. My next event not till mid June in Indianapolis, The Road Rockets Rumble

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It looked like there were fewer vendors in the outer areas in the grass,years ago those areas were more full but over the last few years have seen more empty spaces. Lately I have better luck finding parts at junkyards then at most swapmeets and this one its been a few years since I brought something home,I only brought home a NOS trunk light and did not any parts I really needed but a trip to the junkyard in a couple weeks should get me what I need.

15. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I think the traditional (1920-1940) parts are being hoarded more in the last several years due to popularity but you still gotta go look.
    I sold just about everything I had pre-1940 by the end of Saturday.
    And I was able to pick up a pair of nice front fenders for my `36 Ford pickup for whenever I need them.

Otherwise it`s always fun to see all my car buddies and hang out for a few days drinking beer and telling stories. Can`t do that in a junk yard.:)

Found a few oil signs I was able to negotiate down into somewhere reasonable and took those home.
    American Pickers show has killed the sign market if you`re buying.

16. metal man

metal man

Sounds good. I'll have the same space.

I thought it was a great show. I sold a lot of stuff, and picked up perfect, original set of T-bird 312 finned aluminum valve covers for $175. Also, two real nice '36 Ford spare tire covers for $10 each.Oh, and a cherry grill for a Divco milk truck of all things for $10

If attendance was down, I didn't notice. Lot's of foot traffic all weekend,and people were buying.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  17. Well I was there for the first time, I had to go down to Ohio to pick up a 40 Ford Pickup, and the swap meet was the same weekend, worked out great, I'd consider going back, got some real good parts at good prices. I got a lot more this weekend in springfield then I've got at the last two spring Carlisle swap meets.

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I use that swapmeet as a social event to see people who I have not seen all winter so if I do not find any parts its not that big of deal,I am still hoping to find the other side NOS inner fender for my 37 Chevy p/u there like I did with the drivers side I found about 15 years ago but doubt I will get it for 10 dollars. If I had to only get the parts I need at swapmeets they would still be in pieces in the garage but the swapmeets are great to find the stupid little parts I need to have after its up and running.

19. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

Didnt make it this year unfortunatly, but it has been great in the past. Many cars for sale at the show, and the swap meet is pretty big too...A lot of muscle cars and stuff but pre muscle too...

Theres nice ones in Canfield(north eastern Ohio) too...Dave n Eds...Next one is July and September. Some HAMB stuff and some muscle car stuff...

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I did not get a chance to check out the cars for sale so were there any decent deals.

21. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

How did the HAMB meet and greet go???

22. metal man

metal man

I didn't know there was one????

23. 1967gt

1967gt
    from ohio

i went and had 2 spaces, it was perfect.. $$ was good to..

24. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Picked up a '57 Bell Boy Banshee complete with trailer for $100. Basically bought that just for the deal that it was, but it looks cool in the driveway. It's going to wait on the '55 Chevy sheetmetal work that's about to start. Priorities....

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Next year I am going to go both saturday and sunday so I know I see everything,I think I missed some vendors that was behind the main building.

26. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

It didn`t get a lot of attention.
    Mike Smith had set it up with the Swap Meet guys to have a banner in the show car area along with a parking area for Hambers and meet at 10:00 AM Saturday. The banner never made it.

Mike had his `29 roadster there and a sign up sheet with name tags but didn`t get much use. At that time my booth was humming pretty good so I didn`t move the `36 down there but I did go sign up.
    Met a couple of Hambers that recognized the truck and that was awesome to put a face with the user names.

Saturday is tough to get people together so maybe we can figure out a better plan for the Fall meet.

Bill

27. n847

n847

aerocolor I saw your booth, and skimmed over it you guys were pretty busy looking when I cut through. Maybe I should just come dig through your junk before the swap meet and save us both some time...lol.
    I only made it Friday morning @ 7AM and stayed till around 2 or 3 and didn't see half of the stuff. I never even looked at a single car for sale, or entered the buildings. I had a budy with me who cleaned house getting parts for his Ford pick up. I didn't buy much (not as much as I should have). I was a little dissapointed in how long it took the booths to open up and I wound up having to back track a little. But I'm guessing that the cold temps in the morning had people moving a little slow. Last year it was damn near 90 degrees out, and everyone was up and goin bright and early.
    Scrap Metal I was heart broken when I saw Mr.300 in the car corral, but extremely releaved when I came back through at the end of the day and saw the NOT for sale sign! After stopping at Sams club with my wife we wound up behind you going down Little York, and I wound up going a mile out of my way on the way home just to watch that thing roll down the road. It looks so bad ass goin down the road!
    Hope to meet up with some of you guys in the fall!
    We're planning on having another Cruise in and Carry Out this summer if you guys are interested in a get together.

28. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Sounds good n8...

29. metal man

metal man

Yea, scrap metal 48 was power parked big time.:rolleyes:

30. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I suggested he put a "$1200.00" price tag & "SOLD" sign on it. That would piss everyone off:)