Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA North Leadhead & Gearhead Stomp photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fanny Freckles, May 27, 2013.

1. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

I was impressed with the cars that were there and the friendliness of all the folks, but I think the pin up ladies stole the show. ;)

I am honored to be the first Miss KKOA Northern Rose.

Cheers!
    Fanny Freckles

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Well Fanny...let me be the first to say thanx...

R-

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  3. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

I cannot for the life of me figure the photos out. Whenever I try to upload from a URL they never show up. Even when I upload an attachment and post it from there I have issues. I edited my post to attach thumbnails, so hopefully they show up now.

Thanks for the heads up!

4. bluegras

bluegras
    BANNED

Fanny can i use your photos on my website i sure would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Allen Bluegras Culver

5. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

PM me the link to your website, Allen.

6. bluegras

bluegras
    BANNED

i just pm you fanny Thanks Allen

7. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Thank you very much for posting these Fanny. Brought a new disc in the camera and never took the camera out of the case. I guess I'll have to depend on the other great folks that were there to send me what photo's they may have so I can post them on the website. Proud to have you representing the KKOA with this. Will see you in Sept. for sure ....

8. Looks like you had a great turnout for the pinup contest!

9. bluegras

bluegras
    BANNED

Fanny what do you think of my website i added some photos from the show that you were at.

Thanks

Allen Bluegras Culver

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

looks like Carmen did a better job of promoting the pinup contest than Titus did of promoting the car show.

11. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Morning Bob -- I am going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The word did get out. Talk about the show was all over the net, flyers were passed out at the major early shows (not to everyone but mostly just to the kustom and street rod people because that's the style of event that it was) Hell you were passing them out, weren't you??

Magazine adds were taken out. It was advertised on mostly all of the "Upcoming Show" car sites. There was a great interview with Jerry Titus on Hot Rod Radio talking about the show. So if there was a small attendance it wasn't the fault of the sponsoring organization, it was because the people that heard about the show just plain didn't come. You would have been one more to the count. If you really look at what type of event this is you have to ask "Why would anybody NOT want to come to this show ??? "

The event is great. Just ask those that attended. Check out the site pictures. The cars that were in attendance were all TOP NOTCH ... No, advertising was not the reason for what some might consider a low car count. Not participating, by the car people, in this event would be the reason.

Now please don't anybody take this as a pissing match rant or anything like that. Bob and I know one another and this is merely a disagreeing discussion. If you care to get in please do so. But keep it as a discussion. Don't go off and start ranting on anything. Thanks.....

By the way, the web address is www,kkoanorthevent.yolasitecom

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I agree with you John...it is a great show. I can't imagine why anybody could NOT want to come to it.

and from what I have heard, this year is an improvement over last year.

just too bad there is such a low car count.

I hope it continues and the date is one that works for my schedule.

13. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

I really do hope it continues also. But we have to respect the decision of the money man. Our main problem is that we cannot charge a spectator admission. That puts the show in the hole from the get-go. All revenue must come from registrations. Small registration numbers, small working budget. So we have to figure out different ways to raise that revenue.

But as far as being an improvement, a big YES to that. One of those improvements was the dinner, dance Saturday evening. That helped. It's those type of little improvements that will help the program survive and grow. But they will only help. The car count will still be the main objective to survival. It's a catch 22 situation. Money has to be spent to make the program so registrants will attend but registrants have to attend so revenue can be raised.

Putting it bluntly. If people figure this is one event they would really like to see succeed that they will have to step up and show us. Once it becomes apparent that we're headed in the right direction with this then we'll be able to keep expanding and producing a better event. I would rather do it this way than go out on a limb, go for broke and lose out and have it be a one year shot. The KKOA would really like to build this into an strong annual event. I surely hope this makes sense to all out there....