Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mice in your car - Don't trust smelly soap bars to keep them out!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyironman, May 18, 2013.

1. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

I have had zero mouse problems since I moved into the country. I built my building as mouse tight as I could. I have mouse bait/poison in small triangle plastic boxes. They have two openings, so when fit in a corner the critters will find an opening from each direction. I put one on each side of the doors, and some more along the walls. The poison lasts forever for me, and haven't see so much as one mouse turd. That is, until I got to double checking bait boxes. I found one empty, and mice made a small nest in my '59 Bugeye Sprite, under the hood. A good plan is great, but diligence is required! Now I keep a bait boxes in each vehicle for long term storage. One under the hood, interior, and trunk. Sometimes even by each wheel.

Irish Spring, what a joke. I found that on the 'net, too. They eat it like candy. Mothballs don't last very long and smell bad. Dryer sheets are nesting material. Osage orange balls, they just dry out and shrink. If you have electronic pest repellers, you have wasted your money. No mice with one? Then something else is keeping them out. Poison in a proper box protects all pets, and kills those damn mice every time.

2. expavr

expavr

3. Deuces

Deuces

I had one just like that...
    He was a hunter/killer type..
    He's the one that killed this dirty rat!..:D

Attached Files:

4. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

I knew someone that owned a Rat Terrier dog. Jumped out of the window of moving car to kill a rat.

Ago

5. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Ignorant me just got done vacuuming out a 49 Chevy truck (last week) I had recently bought. There were dropping scattered over the floor along with droppings and insulation above the headliner, fortunatly, I'm feeling ok.

My next move is to get some hospital grade germicidal cleaner, load it into a garden sprayer and saturate the inside of the cab. Hopefully it will be safe after that.

6. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Thanks Weasel! I was about to start cleaning my she, loaded with mouse crap, when I saw this thread! I got a respirator with 99.99 filtration and used my wet vac then, took it apart threw away all filters and rinsed out the rest, all went well, thanks again!!!
    John

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca