Register now to get rid of these ads!

What am i missing??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Katsumoto, May 26, 2013.

1. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

Never hooked up an auto trans kickdown before so I'm totally confused on how this is supposed to work. This is a Holley 0-80508s 750cfm carb, dodge 7.2l 440, and an A-727 torqueflight. Going in my '56 dodge pickup. What am I missing? So confused.....><

Attached Files:

2. the mopar linkage that goes with a Holley carb....not at the shop so I can't show a pic of one....

3. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

Oh yeah I forgot to show the picture of the linkage as well. Even with the linkage, I can't make sense of it all. Especially the trans kickdown, it's way off to the side. So confused...

Attached Files:

4. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

Last edited: May 28, 2013

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

SOLVED: If anyone else has been wondering this at all, I found out that these two parts work for this scenario really well. From what I've learned if you've either replaced your stock carb with an aftermarket carb, or if you have significantly raised your intake or carb height, replacing the OEM mechanical kickdown bracket and rod with a trans kickdown cable is almost a must.

For my setup I'm using the following:

Lokar Duopack-DP 1000U (didn't technically need this, but my throttle cable was already really old and frayed to shreds and so I figured I'd go with something that make the throttle return springs function easy and also this bracket holds both the throttle cable as well as the trans kickdown cable.

Lokar KD-2727U (to replace the OEM mechanical kickdown bracket and transmission kickdown rod.

I'll post more pictures once I've got everything installed. I imagine the next tricky part to this whole project will be adjusting the trans kickdown to function at the correct timing.