Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody in the south know of this place?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamin' ace, May 23, 2013.

1. alright fellas, this one's a long shot because i have no pictures. but there's a place full of classics on the side of the highway just outside of hattiesburg missisipi. i think north of it. there's about fifteen cars under these open carports side by side, and then some in the back. the place has a big chain link fence across the front and is mostly grass behind it. the cars in front were: 1955 chevy(partially restored) 65-ish chevy impala (comepletely restored) a 65 nova (project) a 53-ish caddilac (project) a 60's blue gmc pickup (restored, somewhat) a 65 ford pickup (restored) several malibus and impalas and such, an 55-ish oldsmobile (partially restored) there was one or two cars from the forties i belive, and my favorite, a 1959 buick rivera two door (project). that was all i could remember from the front, but i know there were a bunch more. the cars in the back were a 56 chevy, (project) some assorted gmc, chevy, and ford pickups, (i belive the chevy was a tow truck) a caddilac of about the same year as the front one, and a 55-ish pontiac. there were a bunch more back there too. no hot rods or kustoms, and a lot of old mucle. if anybody knows any more about this place i would love to hear about it. i saw it coming back from memphis this weekend and had to stop and take a look. is was all chained up but that didnt stop me from walking around the front for awhile.

2. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I cannot help with knowledge but looking forward to hearing what others know about it. Tic Toc Tic Toc any minute now

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Was it a body shop kind of place or just someone's storage lot? The reason I ask is because my cousin's husband owns a shop down around there. What high way it on?

4. there was no shop. just a grassy area backed off by woods with assorted piles of parts-grass. it was coming off the interstate right past that old bowling place, i belive herb's or hub' lanes.

5. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Yeah, that's Hub Lanes. I'll try to get a hold of him to see if he knows anything.

6. That is in Seminary, MS on Hwy 49. I stopped in there a few years ago, and the old fellow was friendly and let me look around. He didn't seem inclined to sell, but then I wasn't looking to buy, so you never know.

7. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

I talked to him about 3 months ago. He's a nice guy, blind as a bat but he knows where everything is. He buys and sells.

8. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Anyone got pictures of this place ?

9. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

James Byrd from seminary ms. Nice guy but he's awful proud of that stuff. The Buick invecta would make a nice ride but he's in the $10,000. Range . Like the other guy said he's blind and sits in his trailer 5 days a week. I think it's kind of a gathering spot at times. Might not be the one your talking about tho- bout 15 miles north of Hattiesburg

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  10. TOMMAY

TOMMAY
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MOBILE,AL

Yeah,that place has been there a long time,seems like twenty years or longer. Always a good place to stop but I never saw anybody around the two or three times I've stopped over the years. Saw a nice looking 49 shoebox coupe there one time but the kids were little then and I was broke so I didn't pursue it.

11. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

I stopped by one day and he wanted to show me a couple of cars he had in storage containers. Only problem was there was no power for lights in the container. And I'm no good with the Braille method so I just said they were nice cars- I was seeing the same thing he was I guess.

12. outlaw256

outlaw256

dont know about the one in ms. but theres one on hwy 157 in cullman al. old cars all over the place!!

13. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

Mr James is good man! got a set of 55 chevy fenders few years back, good price!! Theres a man north of him on hwy 49 Mr Dole Ellis he builds fire trucks! He has lot of parts and parts cars at his house, lot of tri 5 cars and older stuff!

14. this is awesome!!! i wonder if i can buy that rivera from him. neat that you fellas know of this place. when we went there wasn't a soul in sight except an old dog.

15. The power of the HAMB comes through once again.:)

16. Alright, I've got another question, I've been thinking a lot about that Buick, does anybody know anything about it?