Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Classic Car gathering in Dubai - v. Americana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaurieB, May 24, 2013.

1. LaurieB

LaurieB

Thought the HAMB members might like some of these pictures.

Our local Bikers Cafe reached out to the car community this weekend to host a classic car get together. Dubai Police turned up with their Ferrari FF and Aventador, and closed the street for us so we had room to park our cars in a space otherwise intended for cars.

Americana was definitely the flavour of the day with some europeans in the mix.

Hope you guys like them :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/img]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/474304_10151434537462647_655269632_o.jpg[/img]

[​IMG]

Love the Mo Money shirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics in part 2...

2. LaurieB

LaurieB

3. I have to stay I'm impressed. I have never been to Dubai but have been to Doha, Qatar and I sure never saw any '59 Caddies tooling around there. It's Americanized in alot of ways also. Is it natives with these cars or implants?

4. LaurieB

LaurieB

2 of them are owned by local Emiratis - 1 of them - the red one - is owned by a white guy with blonde hair. Me :)

Our classic car group has a great mix of locals and expatriates :)

Last edited: May 25, 2013

5. big creep

big creep

holy shit a ferrari and lambo police car? wow we wow wow!

6. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Any car gatherings around June 11-13

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Fiddy 2

Fiddy 2

That is what I was thinking! WOW.

Some nice rides there too!

8. They even have "Swaid" over there!

9. LaurieB

LaurieB

These things tend to be announced maybe a week before they happen. You can try shooting me a PM closer to the time :)

10. I am currently in Kuwait and have yet to see a classic or hot rod rollin' down the road here. :(

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

That is awesome to see your car submitted by someone else over there. I see there is also a DUBAI HAMBERS social club, I find that very interesting congrats to you guys for bringing it world wide.

OPS. Great pics, Thanks. Larry :cool::cool::cool:

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

OOPS, I see now that you are the original Poster, Sorry but great job anyway.

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Trust me they have them. I was staying a Movin Pic about a year ago. A block away are some outdoor cafes. I was eating outside one weekend and up rolls a very traditional t bucket and a cool custom, 54 chevy if I remember right. I was very surprised and happy to see them.

14. LaurieB

LaurieB

A friend road-tripped from the Nurburgring in Germany to Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi as part of a PR thing for Cadillac (yes, I'm extremely jealous that he gets paid to do things like this) but he said the car scene in Kuwait was very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxNmacXchU&feature=share&list=PLNg59uLlxnFERaCVNHKldxBFULEZClNpA

Speaking to him after though - basically said you just need to know which diners and so on the groups gather at - and the weekend evenings are just alive with old school americana. Maybe a lot more 60s and 70's muscle than you might find on the HAMB but still some cool rides.

15. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

I have a few friends from - and in - the far east. They say most of these "American Icon" cars are imported - as is - by locals. I'd guess 90% european supercars, 9% high-dollar muscle, 1% other. Pretty rare to see anything even remotely HAMB-friendly. Very cool set of pics though (and very well shot) - thanks for sharing!

16. Very cool pics.
    Thanks

17. 296ardun

296ardun

Dubai is one of my favorite places, but rarely see cars like this when I am there, really appreciate your posting this pictures...

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that is cool to see.

19. theres quite a museum in dubai,, and there's a 61 caddy convert always parked outside the movenpick..I love that car- reminds me of grandpa

20. LaurieB

LaurieB

Yep - Was recently in the hospital near that hotel and that caught my eye... :)

Busy traffic in that part of town though - wouldn't take my one there!

21. Can't wait to do Fat Burger again when I get back! Caddy is looking good Laurie!