Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ramblers as trad rods or customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by black 62, Apr 14, 2013.

1. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

this subject has to be aired out...

2. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Those natural lines are awesome...and lowering it is all it really needs...
    I never liked them when they were new either, and unfortunately my Dad owned way too many of them....:eek:
    But that particular one really trips my trigger....
    I love the old Studebaker Hawks, which were uglier that butt when they came out...also the original Henry J's (and No I am not putting this one up with their status...just saying)
    And no you ain't a big dummy. We just have different taste in what old cars are cool......which is what makes this car stuff so interesting....
    Cheers....:)

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

4. I'm not a Rambler fan by any means, but It's nice to see something different once in a while. That wagon rocks!

5. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

This is a 64 or 65 american, its had the side trim shaved so its hard tell. I have a 64 american hardtop with an AMC 360 bored .040 over, Edelbrock performer cam, carb, and intake, 727 torque command, 4.10 locker, and a B&M ratchet shifter. I've posted pics of it before, I'll post a few here at some point.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

<a href="http://s143.photobucket.com/user/gun_slinger76/media/DSC02131.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> This is a pic of when I first bought the car.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. farna

farna

You guys see me post about Ramblers all the time, figured I might better stick mine in this thread!
    [​IMG]

Hopped up AMC/Jeep 4.0L EFI six, AW4 auto trans with manual controller, 90s T-bird R&P steering, S-10 tilt steering column, 86 Jag IRS, 91 Eagle Premier seats, 90s Ford Ranger power booster and master cylinder.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  8. Rogueman

Rogueman

My Rogue says Rambler on the radio, AMC on the hood, and has the same motor that is in a Jeep. So it must be a MoPar!

Ramblers are way Cool! The SCrambler with the 390 was a bad boy.

9. Hemirrhoid

Hemirrhoid
    from Wisconsin

Doing the wiring on it now, hope to have it at Back to the Fifties. '51 "custom" Nash Rambler convertible.[​IMG]

10. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

you its the same motor as a jeep but that doesn't necessarily mean its a Mopar. What year jeep are you talking about here?

11. uc4me

uc4me

A friend of mine's wagon...badass
    [​IMG]

12. farna

farna

The six used in the Ramblers was new in late 1964. The 4.0L was developed by AMC for Jeeps, came out in 1987 model year. Mopar made a few changes to it along the way after they bought AMC in 1988, but it was essentially an AMC six all the way through 2006. A lot of people think that Mopar developed the EFI for the AMC six, but Jeep engineers actually developed it with a little help from then majority stock holder Renault. Mopar changed from the Renix EFI (1987-1990) to a Mopar/Phillips developed system in 1991, mainly to meet OBD requirements. It's functionally the same as the Renix system with a few minor changes -- with the exception of the computer itself (which is a major change).