Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kustom Kings of New Hampshire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, May 8, 2012.

1. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Dick Edwards deserves the credit for hanging onto all the old newsletters..Frank Senna & I were voted into membership in April 85.
    Sonny Venuti was voted in Oct 84 and Jimmy Cushman says he's still up to date on his dues ! Early member Rick Pollard from Maine dropped out & started the Kruise Knights car club in the mid 80s. Wish we could come up with some images of Wacky Wayne Ackerman's custom Stude pick up from the mid 80s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. davelamboriginals

davelamboriginals
    from fremont nh

Im very proud to be part of this group...thank you all.

3. Rick,is that Sonny's Merc in the last pic?

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Rick, speaking of Wacky Wayne, I had some emails from him recently. When I was in seacoast waiting for the shipper to pick up my shoebox I sold on the HAMB, his son happened by. Wacky is in Hawaii, living on a catamaran, had a Model A coupe but has recently sold it. Dick saw his Stude pickup, 371 Olds powered, in recent years at a show in NY, maybe Lake George.

5. pitman

pitman

RB & Olcurmdgeon,
    Now you've done it! Opened up the olde Alan Berry memories!
    The stories that rolled off his tongue, he was our MC at more than one Crotched Mt. benefit show in the early '70s.
    There was the new 435HP/427, in the lowboy A roadster. Must have been running bias, as he would hit the throttle cruising at 60 mph, and light up the rears!
    Perhaps he mentioned his father, Blackie? And the gent who drove INTO the White Tower Lunch in Manchester one day, to collect what was owed him?
    Alan taught my brother and me a great deal about the custom world and car crafting work. His shop was on Harriman Rd in Raymond for quite a number of years. At the time he drove a panel delivery '48 Cushman bakery truck, and loved it.
    You knew Al was in mid-story, when you heard "Buuu-Waaa" to describe an encounter on the road.

6. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

I do believe that is Sonny with his Merc & his very nice 57 Chevy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  7. Smokey2

Smokey2

Thanks RB.........for the Ride, Enjoyed it !

Looks like (had) Have great bunch of cars And Guys.

Memories...........................................:cool:

Smokey2

8. I didn't know you sold your shoebox,I thought it was your dream car. Did you tell anyone in the club when you decided to let it go?

9. Beebop

Beebop

dennis,I was the one who made the prototype olds valley covers for Al Berry,I worked with him in the body shop and at home,I've got the Edmonds 2x2 on the shelf,I just discovered this site,I've still got the '56 f-100 from Al's,miss him every time I see it,it's in my body shop in salem n.h.,tried to mail to your new web site but it wouldn't go through,probely my fault,I'm a computer virgin,talk to you again,thanks, Beebop

10. Beebop

Beebop

Hey guys+girls,I just discovered this site,I'm a computer NEWBIE,so bear with me,I've still got the chopped '56 f-100 with the '59 Impala dash,It's a time capsule that nothing has changed,and it has NEVER been left outside,it has always sat in a sunny spot,I miss the 'Ole Man' every time I see it,I've got a bunch of intakes and 'Logs' and the Olds 13to 1 engine that was on the stand next to the '56,bought the stuff from 'Gumball' when he was selling it off,the '56 looks the same as it did in Al's garage,it's at my body shop in salem n.h. sitting in a sunny spot,you know how the 'Ole Man' hated the cold ! later, Beebop

11. Welcome to the HAMB! Are you in the Kustom Kings now?

12. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Hey Beebop, have you fired up that 13 to 1 motor? If it is the one I am thinking of, I helped put it together back in the day. Had bumps on the pistons like a stripper's chest! You see much of the Gumball Express these days? Last time I saw him and his brother was at Bonnie's funeral. Glad to know that truck is well cared for. Sorry about the remark about outside storage, just what someone told me when I last asked about it. Are you going to finish and run it? Maybe Dick and I will pay a visit to see it for old time's sake. Whats the name of your shop?

13. Beebop

Beebop

no,helped Al with his car, and did the chassis on Ripley's Crimmson Skull '49 Buick

14. Beebop

Beebop

Ray Lane's Pumping station rd. Hope to get it together someday,ya,Dicky knows me,always glad to see him,P.S. DON'T say 'Gumball' 3 times,It's like Beetlejuice,you'll be sorry !!

15. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Back in 1985 Alan ( who was heading off to CA) & Dick decided to sell their cars..All 3 were SOLD !! Also Dave Ripley sold his chopped Merc to Joe Dawson . Lots of stuff changing hands.

[​IMG]

Kustom King is don Blanchard & looks to Alan's 54 Chev top right ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  16. Beebop

Beebop

Do we know what happened to Al's '54 chevy and 'Boots' Ripley's Crimson Skull Buick,last i knew Dave had them both. (might be better not knowing)

17. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

[​IMG]

This link should fill in a few gaps..

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675736&showall=1

Alan's Chevy is believed to have ended up with the guy who owned it before Alan. The 371 Olds motor Alan had in it now is in Tim Dube 32 Ford 5W in Berwick ME

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  18. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

joe 1.jpg joe 2.jpg joe 3.jpg An old photo of John Linville's old 32 Ford and the Mercury looks to be the one Joe has been freshening up this past winter.

[​IMG]

Larry Kimball's custom wheel cover

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  19. The best part of my car.

20. Beebop

Beebop

thanks for the link info,nice to know both rides are still around,I posted some stuff on the link for the '49 buick, the engine from Al's '54 must sail that '32 down the road like it's a paper cup,the 'Ole Man always said "There is NO substitute for cubic inches",when in dought grab another gear and STAND on it ! Later, Beebop

21. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Old Friends from Jo Anne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Cruiser

Cruiser

This thread is by far one of the best here on the HAMB enjoyed the whole read. The Kustom Kings really have a good thing going in N.H.. I wish we had the Kustoms in the area where I live in in California, the good thing is West Coast Kustoms Santa Maria is only thirty miles away in May.
    All the cars on this thread are so cool and hearing about Al Berry was a good thing. I'll have to get with the tinguy and talk dowop. :D

CRUISER :cool:

23. Olskoollou

Olskoollou

I remember going behind the shop on Prescott Rd and Russel showing how to chop a 55 chevy. He set the car on fire when the torch hit the head liner, and you can't forget the day Gorden wanted to take the claw hammer to school. It was quite an education for a 14 year old from MN

24. Olskoollou

Olskoollou

Here is a pic from probably the last show at Telly's

Attached Files:

25. I love that flamed Merc, those are some insane flames!

26. Olskoollou

Olskoollou

Hers my coupe at New England Dragway the year I won "D" Street Eliminator against Dana Sullivan's pumpkin orange 55 F-100

27. Olskoollou

Olskoollou

oops here is the car

Attached Files:

28. Is this club open to new members? Or is it a personal group?

29. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  30. Olskoollou

Olskoollou

here are a few shots of Dickie and Dad at the drags with the Fiat Altered before it was painted

Attached Files: