Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage parts air cleaner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dueceiswild, May 21, 2013.

1. dueceiswild

dueceiswild
    BANNED
    from california

Anyone ever ordered from vintage parts?Saw that they had a really cool deep finned air cleaner that I couldnt live without but when it arrived it was extremely pitted.Is that how they try to make it look vintage?Im a little confused here.

2. Bad sad casting. If its really bad, send it back.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Do you know how many old car parts stores have "VINTAGE PARTS" as part of their name? That's like saying "EARLY FORD" or "CLASSIC CAR".

4. SoCal

SoCal

If it's the vintage parts that's a part of the Hoffman group, then do a quick search on here for plenty of interesting reading!

5. dueceiswild

dueceiswild
    BANNED
    from california

Thanx it is the Hoffman group

6. fras2

fras2

I bought one and have it on my coupe now. I also noticed they are not as smooth as they advertise. Mine was not great but acceptable. It also would not stay tight on my HOLLEY carb. Required modification. For the price these should be much better.

7. dueceiswild

dueceiswild
    BANNED
    from california

I agree fras2 they should be ALOT nicer for the price.The thing does look really cool though think Ill just live with the pitting and run it.Just a shocker when you pay that much then open the package and find no pride in workmanship but I guess things have changed.