Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ~~~Bad Bob's New Project!~ Chopped '60 Pick-up "Blue Balls"~~~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 6, 2013.

1. I like that,but it's behind the light piece so it looks better than mine would look,cause mine wouldn't be recessed in. I'll have to kick that one around...Thanks.

2. The Gasser was just gonna be cosmetic,but then I started thinking,why not just make it legal to run? It depends on how the transformation goes. Maybe I can tow the Gasser with the Pick-up? Ya never know!!!

3. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Dig the truck, where is the gasser build thread? LOL

4. Haven't picked it up yet. It will have a full "start to finish" thread. Shooting for Mooneyes this year.

5. Picked up the center piece for the bed and the tops for the wheel tubs. Just need to find someone local who will let me use their roller. Or,just go to slddnmatts!

6. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

BB cool upgrades on the truck. I'm really liking what you've done to it and it looks a 100% better.

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

You get more done in a weekend than I do in 6 months! :eek:
    I'm enjoying this thread. The truck is looking good.

8. Thanks guys...

Started the day off early,meeting the Anti donut guys and heading over to Irvine Lake cafe. Then it was off to the office to work on the truck.
    First thing...the bender is a portable one,so it can be sent out to jobsites. This sucks cause it's not bolted to the ground,you can't get any leverage. So,I extended the stand so you can stand on the angle and use your legs for leverage. Worked out awesome! Took about an hour.
    Then I had to make a angle gauge. We use them in the field,and I SWEAR I had one! So I just made one...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  9. I layed the gauge on the c-notch to get the correct angle,then started bending! Didn't take any shots of me bending,well...cause I was bending!

Here's a few shots of how it looks now. Just need to get out to slddenmatts and use his roller,for the tops of the tubs.

The middle shot is the support pieces I put in the middle.

Attached Files:

10. looks good Bob , very sanitary . keep at it .

11. Drove out to slddnmatt's after finishing the center piece. He stopped what he was doing and helped me roll the two tubs. Worked out perfect! What a great guy! I gave him some money for breakfast tomorrow....
    I'm done with it for now,til i get the tailgate from Chadillac.
    Now I can get back to painting the panels and the interior.

Attached Files:

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

Bob... you need anything else. I have a 57 that I'm pulling some parts off of before it goes to china! Interior stuff that is.

13. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

That's a great truck and getting even better. Love the fact that it's 250 powered also, that whole thing is hard to beat. Nice score.

14. I don't have any window regs,cranks or glass. I'll send you the M O on thursday,when I get paid.

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dude!! I've got all that in that truck if you want it also?

16. I'm gonna go with one-piece window,cause the windows are so small with the wings.
    I need...
    both regulators
    both cranks
    glass channel

What's your price?

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

DAYUM Bob, that bed just keeps on getting better. Nicely done on the metal work.

18. Thanks. It's not perfect,but if you saw the first pics,I just had a hole. Still up in the air about doing the sides,but it's not a double-wall bed,so it's subject to side dings. We'll see. It's done for now.

19. Badfella

Badfella

Wow, this was one of my best trade experiences ever because I get to watch this thing evolve! Great work Bob!!

20. Finished the front plate during the Indy 500. Congrates Tony Kanan...finally!

Attached Files:

21. Started on the doors and half the dash. Have to remove the gauge panel and the steering wheel,mask off the knobs,to finish the dash. Didn't feel like going the distance today....Besides,it took FOREVER taking the spray glue off.
    The middle white part where the door handle is will have gold lace. Top of the dash will get the white Gorilla hair.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  22. 133

well, that's the whole point of 'bags, to sit on the ground when aired out. haha

23. Maybe,but that's not my style...

24. Damn dude looks like it's ready for that jag front end!

25. Just waiting to find one...

26. There's a jag rear on cl in tustin maybe he has a lead on a front end.

27. j-dogg

j-dogg

Looking good Bob. Have you considered a GM sub frame ?(metric, camaro, nova) Or you could go Volare like 53Olds and I. These trucks are so wide they will fit any front end..

28. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

29. Don't want to cut the frame. Jag front welds right to the bottom of the frame,so I don't lose any body mounts or frame horns.

30. I already have a junkyard picker locating one for me. Said he saw one last week. $250 COMPLETE!