Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 59 Ford F100 found a new home (update)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smitty's, May 23, 2013.

1. Smitty's

Smitty's

So I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago.Pretty nice little truck. Finally got it running and on the road.Driving it around,back and forth to work.Plan is to finish up the paint work and put in either a 5 spd or a 3spd OD trans.The stock 3 spd with the gearing it needs another gear or 2.Also liked to put on an Offy 2 carb. manifold with split exhaust and glasspacks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

Nice truck. I have a 57 that I am doing now, hopefully have it done by the end of summer.

3. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Cool little truck! I like the chrome trans tunnel.

4. not bad! you need to join the facebook group, ask about it on the group here for 57-60 f-100s and they'll give you the adress. that place is a wealth of parts and knowledge

5. looks good!

6. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

very nice..john

7. What kind of lowering was done to that pickup and what size rims/tires .... I really like the stance.

8. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Nice find. Keep us posted on progress though it does not look like it needs much at all. lc

9. Smitty's

Smitty's

SAM123,the lowering was done by using a monoleaf kit.The guy I bought it from had installed it,but it rode like crap.I have since remade some front shackle parts and installed a set of Ridetech front shocks.It's much better now.I think the rear needs a set of they're shocks as well. Basically called them and gave them the mounting length size at ride height and they hooked me up.Really nice shocks. I also put in some polyurethane bushings up front as well.All the parts he used were new but the shocks were some cheapy stuff.The tire size is 255/60-15 all 4.The guy who had it before me owned it for 15 years and the last 2 it just sat inside his garage untouched,It wasn't running when I bought it but is now running and driving just fine.I had a few brake issues to sort out and just kind of go thru it to make it road worthy.Now it's sanding time to get ready for paint.

10. Buz

Buz

Nice truck I like the way it looks.

11. Smitty's

Smitty's

I've been prepping the bed,hood and tailgate for paint.I finally decided on the color.It will be Hugger Orange with off white on top and back of roof with an off white tonneau cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Smitty's

Smitty's

The hood is painted as well need a picture of it still,Also looking at getting some striping done to the FORD letters and scroll work under the tail lights. i will be spraying black bed liner material inside bed and inside the inner fender wells.

13. 2racer

2racer

great color for a fridge!

14. Smitty's

Smitty's

Here's the hood all sanded and buffed. I also painted satin black behind the mesh and FORD letters to help the look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Nice! love the color.

16. historynw

historynw

Looks nice, interesting to see it done wiht the white contrast.

17. It is looking great, I love these trucks when they're painted two tone.

Can't wait to see the white laid down on it.

Jeff

18. I love the color. My Ford F100 is painted the same color combination but its 17 years newer. :D

19. CGkidd

CGkidd

God I love the 57 to 60 F100's

20. Smitty's

Smitty's

So here's an update to the truck. Finished the paint work and reassembly. I think it turned out pretty nice.Still need the tonneau cover made and to spray inside the bed with bed liner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Blake84

Blake84

Great choice in truck! It looks great and keep the 223! I have a 59 myself

22. slosteve

slosteve

Looks good in it's new suit. Nice work!

Steve

23. Teague_Landspeed_76

Teague_Landspeed_76
    from So Cal

The grills on the '59 looked the best by far in my opinion. Sticking with the two tone keeps that original look. Nicely done. My father's doing a frame off on his '59 shortbed. He's owned his since '61. 57-60's never got the love because it was all about fat fender trucks. These models now are coming on strong!

Matt

24. Smitty's

Smitty's

Thanks guys, I admit I was looking for and early Chevy truck to use and drive to work but when I found this Ford it grew on me. I do like the fact that you don't see many running around,dare to be different I guess,anyway I like it and think it's pretty cool.

25. The colors came out very great! Congrats on a very nice truck.

26. Marti Ann

Marti Ann

That is absolutely gorgeous!

27. Very nice, I'll be looking for it at GoodGuys in October.