Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '35 Dodge Brothers KCL 1/2T Commercial Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Samster, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

step by step we're getting somewhere

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

the list is shortening, driverside runningboard, right doorhandle and that's about it..

busy on the chassis and the engine.. making some room to work on it properly..

3. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

engineworks.. slightly releaved and freshly honed..

last dirtywork is the valveseat grinding.. then I'm about ready to build it up again.
    [​IMG]

clean it up, degrease first, then the classic stuff of cam (schneider) and valves etc etc..

the dashboard also has seen better days.. so now I'm looking for replacement meters.
    [​IMG]

anybody has an idea what meter was originally in the right hole? there was a modern voltmeter built into it..

4. I would think that the right hole would have a dual guage like the left side. Water temp and amp or oil pressure and amp. I don't think there would be a voltmeter in there.

5. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Samster,
    Here is apicture of my '36 dodge dash gauges. You can see Amps & Heat on the right. With a litlle grinding, you can get new 3.25" gauges to fit. I researched all I could find, but they are all too deep to clear the cowl vent mechanism, and I wouldn't want to lose that. So i just use the stock gauges.

Attached Files:

6. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

ahah, great to have that picture! I'll see what can be found over here, and what ends up in it.

thanks for the efford!

7. sololobo

sololobo

what a cool truck, congrats! ~sololobo~

8. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

derusting chassisparts with electrolyse process.. works like a charm without rubbing or scratching and so.. put em in the bath turn on the swith and that's it..
    [​IMG]

now thinking about building a bed to put my whole chassis in to do the same with it

9. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

[​IMG]
    two to go, I put them in the bath as they are, since there's no holes in them.
    letters came out véry nice even if I say so myself..

just slightly brushed off, and put ac-50 on it to prevent rusting befor I paint them..

10. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

all four done now, ready for paint, next week I'll start on the preparations for the electrolysis of the flathead waterjackets, and of the entire chassis.. thats gonna give some fine pictures too I guess
    [​IMG]

11. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

12. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

forgot to post it , but there's news here: :) P1020977.JPG