Register now to get rid of these ads!

***TECH: 32 RPU Project - Roadster-izing a $50 Cab in 3 Simple Steps***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NealinCA, Oct 7, 2008.

1. 39 Ford

39 Ford

WOW you have my respect, wish I could do 1/2 as well.

2. pecker head

pecker head

Mother Father ! Dang you do good work !

3. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Beautiful work and a great tech article. You have inspired me. I have to cut open a door in my '40 pickup to repair the window channel and this post has given me the confidence I need to accomplish the task. Keep up the great work.

4. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Would you happen to have any pictures of your electrolysis tank in action?
    What do you use for scarificial steel? How about power source?
    Thanks in advance.

5. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D "I've always told friends that anything can be fixed if you truly want it done and you've proved by point". Fantastic work and excellent working skills, the reborned roadster pickup is looking so cool. Great job......

CRUISER :cool:

6. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

wow--great thread and amazing workmanship. I plan on stealing many of these tips when I start rebuilding my 34.

7. Neal,,,how I managed to miss this thread until now is unreal,,how could I have missed it,,,

I already knew you were a talented guy and the truck was cool but the work on both the frame and the body are second to none,,,:)

I for one am looking forward to more updates. HRP

8. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

was just going thru this post again and you solved all the questions I had in my head to build one of these. Of course i didnt think i couldv done it. funny i,m seeing the hudson steering mentioned more and more, I put one in my duece 2dr back in 58, went to the wreckin yard and the guy told me to search thru the pile of steerings, I pulled one out and asked 'whats' this from', he said "oh yeah thats a 37 hudson yeah guys are using them". gggg in a wrecking yd!

9. Neal I just love you truck and the way the back of the cab has a bow and it is not flat like a real one is cool. The man that makes the repair patches around the top supports is Frank Borowitz Premier Frame & Body 3029 W. Clarendon Phoenix, AZ. 85017 602-248-0812 He also makes patches for the front fenders of a 32 where screws go though to the frame in front . He makes a super nice dash for the 32 roadster with the oval in it, used his parts alot and really like them.

Bruce

10. NealinCA

NealinCA

Thanks...that means alot, coming from someone who owns the coolest REAL 32 rpu in the world.

Neal

jimmysweden likes this.
  11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

12. I don't know how I missed this thread before but this is the most incredible tech post that I've ever seen on the HAMB. Neal you have a gift for making the impossible look easy. I'm impressed too say the least!!

13. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

All i can say is WOW I hope mine turns out this nice

14. Bitchin Tech Post! Very informative and detailed. If I had your skill, I wouldn't be driving a damn truck for a living!

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Thought this one needs to be revived for the guy wanting to convert an A closed cab to a RPU.

16. It is deffinately one to aspire to. That truck rules and gets better every day!

17. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

nice detail work, cool build

18. Frank

Frank

Thanks!

19. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Bruce, I know this is an old post, but this is great info for me!

Thanks!

20. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Bumped this just because it's so cool!!!

21. Glad you did, I just reread the entire thread...........Amazing

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, this came to be right before I learned to turn on the computer and came aboard the H.A.M.B. I never knew you did a thread on this Neil... Super cool! I have always thought that your truck had much better proportions than a stock '32 roadster p/u, but never had any idea why. Now I know! Consider some of these ideas duely stolen for future use... Thank you.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Double wow! Since I posted a couple of hours ago, I realized that you are the guy responsible for one of my favorite cars of the the last tens years or so, the Dale Lambrose car! I spent the better part of an hour at L.A.R.S. shooting detail shots of that car a couple of years ago, just love it! It's a small world this hobby, aint it?

24. 117harv

117harv

25. 54Buddah

54Buddah

I don't know what to write. Amazing craftsmanship. Nice truck