Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Deuce Roadster passed away tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 19, 2013.

1. R.I.P. Randy
    Condolences from the Netherlands, Europe

Hennie

2. mikethebike

mikethebike

I knew Randy since 1973 back in Charleston, SC. Before that I knew him by reputation with that GTH fast 69 Nova. He beat everybody in the county.

Straight shooter, honest to a fault, unpretentious as anyone can get and in my 64 years having traveled around the world (literally) twice I met nobody like Randy. That is a compliment of the highest order.

THE most knowledgeable person on old Fords in general and 32's in particular and a true encyclopedia of fact on anything Chevy related...especially 427's I've ever met.

He said back in 1975 that, being born on 4-27 he was meant to have a '27 Chevy.

R.I.P. Randy Nash.

4/27/1948
    5/19/2013

3. mikethebike

mikethebike

He should have written an autobiography. I remember back in 1975 Randy, his brother Ken, my wife Sherrie and I sat in Sambo's on Savannah Hwy in Charleston for hours laughing our butts off as he related stories of street racing out on Wadamalaw Island at Jimmy Smalls 66 station, Bees Ferry Rd. and Piggy Park down on Rutledge Ave. in Charleston.

R.I.P. Randy Nash

4. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Ditto to what Ken said below for me,,

5. mikethebike

mikethebike

Great photo!

6. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

Hate to hear this. I met Randy a few years ago at a cruise in here in Columbia. Super nice guy. RIP fellow hot rodder.

7. Well, I just got a phone call with this news about Randy's passing a couple hours ago, and even after sitting here reading every post on the last 16 pages its still hard to believe. I've only had the oppurtunity to know Randy personally for a year or so, and what a nice guy! He was so full of knowedge on every topic that I've ever asked him about. I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said but it will deffinetly not be the same at the local cruise-in without that '32 Ford or VW Bug parked right by the curb and the great guy sitting behind it. My thoughts and prayers go out for Randy and his family and friends! You will be missed my friend! TNT

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Post # 306 is my favoite pic of him and his car, he will be missed by many.

9. This photo was taken by Brenda,,I believe we were on the Deuce Run last year. Danny

10. metal man

metal man

Funny how I never met the man, and we were hundreds of miles apart, but I still feel a loss. The nice things that his close friends have said above come through very clearly in his posts on here.

I'm glad that he was an active member, because every time a thread that he posted on comes to the top, it will be like he is still here.

11. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I did not know him personally, but I know it's always hard to loose a friend, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

13. sololobo

sololobo

As with many folks, I didn't know Randy personally. But his friendly demeaner and fab knowledge of all things deuce rippled out among a lot of folks. R.I.P. hot rod brother, you will be missed. ~sololobo~

14. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

HRP, I am really heartbroken to hear of his passing. How come it seems like every time I hear of another HAMBer passing it was somebody who has gone out of their way way to assist or advise me. He was very helpful to me offering advice on my 32 Pup, his passing is a blow to all who knew him, he was a cut above.

Godspeed Deuce Roadster!

15. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

I'm very sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP Randy.

16. realkustom51

realkustom51

Talked to a fellow today whose mind was blown when he heard the sad news. Still can't believe it.

17. from all of his posts he seemed like a real gentleman......... rip......

18. prpmmp

prpmmp

Man I know how you feel!! Never met him but I'm sitting here with a lump in my throat!! Pete

19. realkustom51

realkustom51

20. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Here they are at our open house, happy days .[​IMG]

21. Bazooka

Bazooka

Rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss

22. Deuce Roadster, Randy Nash, was laid to rest yesterday in Graceland Cemetery in Greenville SC. He was buried adjacent to his mother and father. Here are a few pictures from the service.

HotRodPrimer (Danny) and his lovely wife Brenda supplied the flowers. They were brought to Greenville from their florist shop in Anderson in Brenda's wonderful 54 Ford Wagon, which HRP spent 9 years restoring to like new condition.

Please notice the other item on the casket, a 1960's Buddy-L Roadster. It was purchased by Dale (A-Bomb), restored and given to Deuce as a present in the early 90's.

Those of you who have ever visited with Randy at the Charlotte Auto Fair in the spring of each year know that Randy would offer all his visitors a seat under the canopy and a cold Diet Coke. In keeping with this tradition, after the service was complete and the song of Randy's choice was playing, the cooler was opened and we all drank one last Diet Coke (or a regular Coke) with Randy. You'll notice the cooler in the picture.

This was a celebration of his life and not a mourning of his passing.

Much thanks to all who could attend.

Special thanks to Danny, Brenda and Dale.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  23. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

Kenneth,Thanks for posting the pics. It REALLY touches my heart to know that the little hot rod I did for Randy many years ago played a part in his services. I wish I could have been there at the grave side. It was nice seeing you and your wife at the memorial service along with lots of others. Dale

24. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

25. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

what a huge loss to the deuce community. Although we never met face to face, through his posts and messages I felt a bond with him as a '32 owner. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Randy you will be missed. Tim

26. sawzall

sawzall

rest in peace randy..

27. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just picked this up. I sure am sorry to hear it. Randy was a nice guy and he will hot rod on in heaven, I'm sure.

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh man, that's sad.

29. This is the way it should be: "This was a celebration of his life and not a mourning of his passing."

30. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

Randy will be missed around here. His family will be in my prayers.