Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

2. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

3. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

4. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

5. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

6. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

We are featuring a series all about the cute little American Austin Bantam that captured the hearts and emotions of people who loved puppies, kittens and babies. It shared the DNA of the Austin Seven first built in the UK in 1922 and featured up to date design by Count Alexis de Sakhnoffsky. See many more photos and the story by Robert D. Cunningham on The Old Motor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  7. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

8. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

The Royale Treatment and an Early Harley-Davidson Servi-Car: The lucky owner of this impressive Reo Royale was the recipient of the kind of service that we can only imagine today. A rider on the H-D Seri-Car would come to you home or office, to pickup your car for service and tow the trike back with him. See many more photos and learn all about the Reo and trike on The Old Motor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  9. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

10. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

11. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

A lot of metal in that shot. Three very big boys. Nice picture.

12. Is'nt that Hugh Heffner?

13. refried confusion

refried confusion

LIRR engine 35 headed to Salisbury Park (East Meadow, NY) June 1956

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We used to climb and play on this when we were kids, In 1978 they took it over to Mitchell field to be restored. It's been in pieces since then.

14. refried confusion

refried confusion

15. njlou

njlou
    from new jersey

I remember "in the day" that Gerosa was the go to company to move anything extreme in the NY metro area.

16. Beauty is only skin deep..... but ugly goes all the way through.

17. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

Heeeeeeeeeerrrrre's Johnny!

18. scrubba

scrubba

Does anyone here on da H A M B remember when a former C&O Steam engine was fired for the last time and run from the Acca storage Yard in Richmond Virginia to the space next to Parker field ? Oh yes, it was 1961. Temporary tracks were laid and that steam engine ran under it's own power from the Acca train yard to a "Proposed " Transportation Meusuiem thjat the City had funded . Well, the locomotive arrived , soon followed by a refurbished Sea Board Coast Line station that was carefully disassembled and re assembled using ALL volunteer help. A American L' France Pumper was also put into place . Well, the State of Virginia wound up taking the station over in the late 70's as a Tourist plaza . The Locomotive was moved to the Virginia Science Meusuiem on Broad where the Movie, The Last Detail was filmed in 1965 with Jack Nicholson . The Science Meusuiem was built as the Richmond , Fredricksburg and Potomac Rail station about 1920.

scrubba

19. Skrape

Skrape
    from Illinois

In the last several days, I have started with Post #1 and very much enjoyed viewing all of the Posts since to get me here. I swear I could see myself in many of them. My thanks to the ones who initiated this thread and to all that provided content.

I have a request ... does anyone have a photo or a copy of a postcard from the Anchors Aweigh (or Away) Motel with the small cabins that was located directly on Route 90 in what was then Mississippi City, MS? It was wiped away my Hurricane Camille on 1969.

The postcard in question has my grandmother (who managed the motel), my grandfather, and my great-grandmother posed in the photo. All of my copies (and the rest of my family photos) were lost in Hurricane Katrina.

My sincere appreciation to all that might help.

20. Skrape

Skrape
    from Illinois

In the last several days, I have started with Post #1 and very much enjoyed viewing all of the Posts since to get me here. I swear I could see myself in many of them. My thanks to the ones who initiated this thread and to all that provided content.

I have a request ... does anyone have a photo or a copy of a postcard from the Anchors Aweigh (or Away) Motel with the small cabins that was located directly on Route 90 in what was then Mississippi City, MS? It was wiped away by Hurricane Camille on 1969.

The postcard in question has my grandmother (who managed the motel), my grandfather, and my great-grandmother posed in the photo. All of my copies (and the rest of my family photos) were lost in Hurricane Katrina.

My sincere appreciation to all that might help.

21. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

"Don't Panic"...can anyone tell the story about this?

22. ...judging by the Transit van on the far left (or could be a Mercedes Sprinter), the dome tent and the high viz traffic cones on the far right and the UXR number I'm guessing its a modern picture. vintage cars that either change their numbers or are registered in the UK end up with 3 digit and 3 letter numbers most of which are 'UX_' my Chevy has such a number.
    New vintage US style pressed tin plates are available over here too

nice motor though

23. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

I must question the vintage of this photo. The reason is that I have a series of photos I took of 1) this locomotive 2) the International Railway Express Truck 3) this Cadillac at the Train Day exhibition at Los Angeles Union Station a week ago Saturday.

24. walpolla

walpolla

Ah - the "Goose" had 8 engines. OK.

regards Rod

25. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Buildings are too new.

26. walpolla

walpolla

According to a search on http://www.railpictures.net/ this photo was taken on May 12th,2012.
    regards,Rod

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photo ID: 401514 <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="1">[​IMG]</td> <td valign="top" width="330"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="158" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">A step back to the past with ATSF 3751 on National Train Day.
    </td></tr><tr><td valign="bottom">Railroad: Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe (ATSF)
    Locomotive: Steam 4-8-4
    Locomotive #: 3751
    Train ID: Unknown
    Photo Date: May 12, 2012
    </td></tr><tr><td height="8">[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td height="11">Subscribe · Profile · Add to Favorites · Add to Album</td></tr></tbody></table></td> <td width="5">[​IMG]</td> <td valign="top">[​IMG]
    By: Chris Mohs
    [​IMG]
    Added: Jun 23, 2012

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Views: 2,159</td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Comments: 0</td></tr><tr><td width="26">[​IMG]</td><td valign="center">[​IMG]
    Favorited: 34
    [​IMG]
    </td></tr> <tr><td width="26">[​IMG]</td><td valign="top">[​IMG]
    Detailed History</td></tr></tbody></table>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

27. I won't name any names, but I think someone on here has a Cadillac fetish...:cool:

28. broey

broey

someone from another forum colorized this photo. I'm assuming with photoshop
    [​IMG]

29. lewislynn

lewislynn

You could tell just by the sound of the starter.

30. lewislynn

lewislynn

And from another post:

[​IMG]

I really love those roof lines and split back windows of that Buick (what year?) and that 57 Olds...I don't even care that they're 4 doors, hardtops or post..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.