Register now to get rid of these ads!

yup I'm new here, my current project is a 36 International

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Greaser Tom, May 18, 2013.

1. Greaser Tom

Greaser Tom

Hey, I'm Tom, also known as Greaser Tom. You may have read my stuff or seen my photos in Rebel Rodz Magazine. I've owned a few rides... 1952 Buick Special and a 1958 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe. My current project and my keeper is a 1934 to '36 International. I found it in an old man's yard, he didn't know what it was but I knew it was an International by the back window. The old man gave me the cab and bed for digging up and sorting out some Model T and Model A body parts that he had piled up in his yard.
    I plan on making it into a bare bones on a budget roadtrip kinda hot rod . My pal and fellow Defenders Car Club Bruther Bob is helping me along the way. I'll be using a mix of parts seeing how most parts were given to me by friends, traded for or bought dirt cheap.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  2. Greaser Tom

Greaser Tom

After reading a few posts I'm not so sure my International is '36, which I'm cool with. 36 just sounds cool I guess. Weird Hu? Anyways if Anyone knows what little details help a fella determine one year from another I'd like to learn what you know. Thanks in advance.

3. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

Sounds like you've got quite a project on your hands. I look forward to seeing its progress. Welcome to the HAMB, Tom.

Cheers!
    Fanny Freckles

4. Greaser Tom

Greaser Tom

Thanks Franny! Yup its a project with lots to do for sure! Good thing I have good friends! :)

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC! looking forward to seeing progress on your International!

6. Greaser Tom

Greaser Tom

Thanks chevy54man! Should have the frontend I'm using put together by Monday night, then I'll.get started on the rearend... After that, the frame. Slowly but surely! Haha!

7. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas and good luck with Your Build

8. Greaser Tom

Greaser Tom

Thanks Veach! Texas hu!? My first road trip with my pick'em up will be to Texas! Wichita Falls to visit my brother :)

9. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa. The 1936 cabs have one piece cab back. 34/35 have 3 piece. 1936 doors are all steal 34/35 are wood framed. later had one piece dash 34/35 had two piece dash

10. Welcome from Central VA!

11. Greaser Tom

Greaser Tom

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing mine is a '34 or '35 then, based on the door frame info. Thanks again :D

12. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

I've had wood door cabs with a 36 rear also. I'm sure it was just a late 35 early 36 or a miss match bag of parts at one time. Either way sounds like you know what you've got. I sold a 35 I put together a couple years back after I chopped it. Should have kept it... I've got a 36 shortbed and three 34/5's in various conditions now for future projects. Anyway welcome!

13. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

1936 was the first year for hydraulic brakes.

14. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

Hi, Tom!
    I've got the same truck in my storage yard so I'll be following your build.
    These are beautiful trucks. Good luck and welcome!