Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 31 A modified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hron13, May 11, 2013.

1. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

Whats up guys just figured I'd actually make a build thread. Building a 31 A rpu without a bed, classic lakes modified style, on a 32 frame. Drivetrain is going to be a 302 ford stroked out to 331, with a t5, backed by a winters champ quickchange rear. Any way here are some pictures of progress so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this point the cowl has been dropped about 3/4 of an inch, the pinch is done, I hope to have the frame boxed either this week or next, And have it as a roller by the middle of next month.

2. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Not a bad start, but that's not where the seat goes....

3. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

lol needed a seat while i was cutting out the front cowl mount

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So much for the initial tease, bring on the progress, and by all means all of the pictures you can take.:)

Frank

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Looking good!
    What are your plans for the additional frame length/wheelbase out back?

6. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

7. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

frame is pretty much going to be lopped off about 6 inches behind the body the rest of the frame is just there to help keep things square while i build it. rear suspension is going to be a leaf link 4 link using quarter elipticals as the upper arms and a panhard rod.

and dont worry about pics if i get some work in today Ill take a few for you guys

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  8. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

got some work done today, installed the flat front crossmember and bobbed the frame (perhaps temporarily, I may put the frame horns back on). Still have to finish some welding and gap filling but it's in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next project is extending the mini channel to the rear of the body. It isn't sitting flat because the back of the rpu body ends up forcing the rear above the frame rails, so got to cut some notches

9. alanamhb

alanamhb
    from new york

So much for the initial tease, bring on the progress[​IMG]

10. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

Got some stuff done today. Managed to get the front boxing plates tacked in and have some body mounts installed in the frame now. Gonna have to make a few more mounts since if I bolt the body down now the door won't open because it kind of stretches the door jam.

Nothing to show as of yet. Just chronicling my journey lol

Attached Files:

11. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

Frame is boxed and the whole deal has been cut off the frame jig I make just have to build som floor supports and spend the rest of my life grinding down welds. Will post pics later for some reason I can't upload them.

12. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

got the body actually dropped onto the frame, frame is pretty much finished just got to pretty it up some, next step is actually getting the front suspension mounted. Then work moves to the rear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

got some serious work done, front and rear suspension is in, rear suspension got a bit altered from my original idea, went with a 3 link panhard bar, with the quarter elliptical springs being the lower arms, I plan on adding a torque arm if I get too much axle wrap. front suspension is just a split wishbone set up with spring behind, plan on adding a panhard bar in the front as well, but that is for later lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]