Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Here to announce that the All Deuces Run will be held June 1,2013. :)

[​IMG]

We usually have 35 to 40 Deuces. Fiberglas or steel - - Ohv or Flatmotor - - Highboy or fendered ... it does not matter ... if it is a 32 Ford ... you are ... WELCOME :D
    The run wll leave From the Target Shopping Center at the NorthEast Corner of Interstate 77 and Hwy 73 ( Exit 25 off Interstate 77 ) in Cornelius promply at 10 o'clock. The overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway provides a excellent place to stop, sight see and look at each others Deuce. It is a excellent photo opportunity. A lunch stop is planned at Canyons resturant in Blowing Rock NC. Canyons has a large parking lot and a very scenic view of the Smokey Mountains. Plan to get out your chairs and relax for awhile.

Please invite your 32 Ford owner friends to join us.

Run Co-ordinators

Bill Rhodes ... 704-788-1856 in North Carolina
    Randy Nash ... 803-755-2013 in South Carolina

[​IMG]

photos by Seadog ... of the HAMB

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For a second I thought I could come because I AM a '32 owner. But then I realized once again it doesn't run and I'm up shits creek. I'll swing by in my '35 to see you guys off though. Hopefully if this run keeps going I'll eventually have the Phaeton up and ready to hang with you guys.

I'd really like to get something like this together for the rest of the hot rod guys. I was thinking of a Father's day run for pre war cars. We need more old cars out and about moving through these fine parts of the country.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Here are a few photos from 2012 run ... all taken by fellow HAMB member Seadog.

[​IMG]
    Taken at one of the on the way stops ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Taken at Canyons ... our lunch stop

[​IMG]

Below shot taken at one of the scenic overlooks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Free to to add your photos of the Deuce Run :D :D

Randy

4. Great looking intro photo,,

Ladyhrp and I plan on being there,,I'm drive the sedan this year. HRP

[​IMG]

Every now and then there is a problem,,Merlin and I praying to the hot rod Gods last year.

[​IMG]

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

We have a few things going on that are taking up a bit of or time lately but we'll try to make it.

6. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I was there in 2011 and plan on it again this year. Bringing a friend and his deuce also. Probably stay at motel near meeting point in Cornelius. Any preferences?

7. We talked about doing that ourselves,,maybe we can get some input from the locals about a good place to spend the night and have our own little mini show in the motel parking lot. HRP

8. Love the intro photo. Pity we are on the wrong side of the world, Have a great time guys and don't forget the pics. :):):)

9. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Works for me. Coming down a day early and thinking about some sight seeing in Charlotte area too.

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Jeffery James is a local resident ... maybe he can make a suggestion.
    Let me know where ... others have also said the same thing.

Maybe we can have a mini get together for Friday evening.

Randy

11. Jeff J

Jeff J

If I get her car together it would be a great shake down run as she is driving to LARS in Calif. for father's day !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Nice 3W ...
    You drive yours and I will drive mine ...

[​IMG]

My 32 roadster is still in a MILLION parts :(

Here are some past threads covering the All Deuces Run

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584794&highlight=all+deuces+run

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110881&highlight=all+deuces+run

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596056&highlight=all+deuces+run

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703921&highlight=all+deuces+run

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584794&highlight=all+deuces+run

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433220&highlight=all+deuces+run

These threads show that this is a driving event ... not a sit around in the shade gathering

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673965&highlight=all+deuces+run

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  13. The little sticker participants receive. HRP

[​IMG]

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This was posted in 2011 ... by Grandadeo ( Lee)

Maybe Lee will post about his stay there :D

15. There is a Sleep Inn in Mooresville @ Exit 36, near N.C. Racing Hall of Fame, other Race Shops, Cracker Barrel, and my place. Good for Friday arrivals. HENRY

16. ratrod0

ratrod0

are there any cruz nights near there for saturday night.

Attached Files:

17. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I'll be there in spirit to support you guys. Just a little far to come for an event. Have a fun and safe run.

18. 2 weeks and 2 days away!

I've talked to a local guy that's usually on his way to LARS into going this year.HRP

19. I live about 4 miles from there. If there is something Friday night I would like to attend.

I don't have a '32 though....but I could look at some.

20. Well, I'm still a 32 wannabe, with a 31 and 33, but wouldn't it be special to commemorate this year's tour to Randy?

What about that, Danny?

21. That is a idea,,I'll run it by Bill.

I know Randy wouldn't want anybody to make a fuss about him but he really did enjoy the Deuce Run,we all know how found of Deuces he was and always looked forward to this event.

Hopefully we will have a huge turnout.HRP

22. 32Gnu

32Gnu

There was one last year on Saturday night in downtown Lenoir .. Down the mountain.. I'll look later and if I can find it I'll shoot u a pm

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. I am sure this run will be dedicated to Mr. Randy. RIP Deuce Roadster. I always thought I'd make it to this and make the run with him. I am not going to make it again this year but I will be thinking about ya'll and what I am missing. Looks like a blast.

24. Hearing reports that Friday arrivals are staying at Sleep In Mooresville exit 36 off I-77 Hwy 150 132 Meadow Hill Circle, behind Chick Fil A. 704 799 7070. DEUCE owners in this area planning to have dinner at LONE STAR early Friday evening. Yes, there is a Saturday Cruise In Downtown MOORESVILLE 4.00 TO 7.00.

25. I received a call from Bill Rhodes this morning and shortly after I got this e-mail. HRP

As most of you know by now, the Deuce Run has lost one of its most active organizers with the passing of Randy Nash (Deuce Roadster on the H.A.M.B). Randy was one of the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic supporters of the ’32 Ford in the group, and was more than willing to share that knowledge with anyone who asked. Rest assured that the remaining members of the organizing group will keep the Deuce Run going as a memorial to “Deuce Roadster”!

Since we have had so many requests regarding Friday night lodging from ’32 owners who have to travel long distances to attend the Deuce Run, we would like to recommend The Sleep Inn at 132 Meadow Hill Circle in Mooresville, NC. It is located on the southwest side of Interstate 77 behind the Chic-Filet at Exit 36. The phone number is 704-799-7070.

We have also decided to start what we hope will be a new tradition for the Deuce Run, a Dutch-treat dinner to be held at the Lone Star Steakhouse, also at Exit 36 off Interstate 77 (66 River Highway), one half mile on the right of Route 150. We plan to meet there at 7:00 p.m. Friday. Hope to see you there! Bill Rhodes

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I'm organizing an all '37 Nash run. So far it's just me.

27. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Need a favor guys, if possible..
    Does anyone have an empty seat from Blowing Rock back to Mooresville?
    My nephew who lives in Mooresville wants to ride with me, however, I am leaving Blowning rock, headed back to SC..
    Was wondering if there might be a way someone could let him tag along back to Mooresville.. He's a good kid I wouldn't ask otherwise..
    If so let me know.. Thanks..Tom..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. I met this young man yesterday,,he is indeed a nice guy. HRP