Register now to get rid of these ads!

identified overland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 27 dodge, May 8, 2013.

1. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

Hi ,i want to thank you guys for helping me find what kind of sedan i had .I had looked for weeks with no luck and couldnt believe it . Well studeynut found a dash that looked like mine on a touring overland and then i looked for the night over and over for overlands . and i found a coupe that had my cowl . it was a real breakthrough !!! ok for a few days i hae looked for a sedan on numorous websites to confirm ,and i finally found my car to the T listed as a 1926 4 door,.I will post a pic . OK HERE ARE MY MY QUESTIONS PLEASE. Why do these overlands have so many differences from any other ones .It shouldnt have been so dang hard to find .Im not an amateur at this .But this one took forever ,. So could this have been made in a totally different place than all the others ,or had a totally different body maker ,.and how can i know for sure what year it is>?.or if they were just guessing on the year of the one we found so they could list it for sale .? any info on what for sure year this is and/or why it's so rare would help me ,.please send any pictures of any others that look just like this and are overlands ..thanks

2. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

3. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

4. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

this is my sedan identically exept someone took the viser off this one.,and this is the only one on the internet after a couple months of searching why?I mean it has to be a particular model of willys overland to be just like mine in every way? what happened ? what year for sure? thanks

5. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

i will be able to come back to the computer late tonight with more pictures of mine .Or be back tommorow .

6. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

7. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

8. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

9. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

the black one is mine . There are a few differences from these and any other overlands . But the 3 main things are the different cowls the 2 hinge doors and the decorative bead looses it's top line imeadiately after the very back window .Weird huh? no other overlands do that stuff.on any year or model .why?

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  10. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

.Could these 2 sedans be what's left of what they were gonna put out in 1927 and then never had a 1927 of a certain sedan ,so they sold them before 26 ended?any leads would be fun for me . Who could i find out from? because these are the only 2 of these on the internet and they have overland dashes for sure.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  11. studeynut

studeynut

My spotters guide shows 3 hinges on the wood structured (23-26 "6" cylinder) cars and 2 on the steel structured (late 24-25 "4" cylinder) cars

12. studeynut

studeynut

The 26 "4" and "6" cylinder models look like the same body but the 6 has a longer front. Both have a double belt line, Oh! and suicide doors, doesn't say if they were wood or steel structured. In 27 became the Whippet.

13. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

ok thanks, we found the year ,i guess it's called de luxe. and it doesnt look like the others.so time to start a different thread.

14. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

15. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

16. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

17. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

18. Geeze, just call it what you think it is and BUILD IT. You are going to have more time into researching it than actually building it. :rolleyes:

19. Kume

Kume

The challenge is to create something that will photograph as stunningly as this : good luck.

Attached Files:

20. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

You're right .Well i've been building it ,and enjoy that .But i never have owned something that none of my freinds agreed on what it is .So it became a thrill of the hunt ,and i was gonna continue to hotrod it out cuts and all even if it turned out to be super rare .Oh and the title is 400 for it so i didnt wanna get that wrong. Hey i do think this photo is a stunning setting and other people have posted pictures of it from different angles .But how many of us would just let it be if it was in our own yard ?

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I have an nice original pair of Overland headlights that have Overland embossed into the lenses...pm me if you're interested...

kidcampbell71 and Evildave like this.