Register now to get rid of these ads!

Okay to spray RAID under the dash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cerberus, Aug 2, 2011.

1. It ain't an old car unless it smells like mohair and raid...

Set a couple bombs off in there and be done with it, for a while at least!

Sam

2. tjm73

tjm73

Another thing pests hate is moth balls. The stink drives them away.

3. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

They can also cause cancer and are highly toxic to young children and pregnant women. Very bad advice!!! Google moth ball toxic side affects. The best thing for spiders is a inexpensive spider/fly Pyrethrin spray that has a quick knockdown kill rate and no lasting chemical residue that you will come in contact with.

4. i never get the moth to spread its legs long enough to see if its a male or female.

5. That is one determined 'tough ass'... 'I'm good-just a scratch'

6. These are what fell out and landed on my neck when I removed the gas tank from our 68 firebird that we brought home from NorCal.

Attached Files:

7. FLAMES , Then nuke the bastards , then nuke them again, and more flames spiders and wasps , the only good ones are dead ones , o then more flames and some napalm , ................ thanks but um , no thanks lol

8. Jesus, this thread has given me the hebbie jeebies. It's 4 am and I still can't sleep. Hey, I've been to a goat rope, two pig greezings, a rat fucking contest and even to war (twice), but never have I been chased out of my damn garage by freaking spiders. Shit, my skin is crawling. I may never go out to my garage again. Thanks guys.

9. Spiders are cool. Goannas are mofos.

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

Waring - If, you get bite by something don't rub it, you can infect the wound and there some nasty stuff around. The rubbing can be worst then the bite, believe me, I know. Something bite me on my big toe, it turned red half way up my foot, took off for the emergency room. I was in the hospital for three days with a red foot and a black toe, 12 saline bags and 8 antibiotics bags later, I was doing good, came back after a day at home for two more bags saline. Turns out, I had the latest flu bug and the infected toe at the same time. They had me in a room all by myself, they were worried about me having a staff infection.
    The hospital food was good and the nurses very nice.

I hate anything that bites. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  11. 1959apache

1959apache

I bought '76 MG Midget and made sure to check for wasps.. I sprayed and killed like 4 nests with 3-6 wasps under the dash in that thing. Freaky stuff... I then vacuumed out the nests and carcasses. I then come back out to drive it the next day because it freaked me out. I took it for a drive... A whole 2 new wasps nests were built overnight and within 6 hours of day light... Imagine my delight when I am driving down the road doing 55 and bees are swarming my nuts under the dashboard. I don't think I ever moved so fast in my life. I opened the trunk lid to grab the raid and behold... more nests built overnight. I waited until they calmed down in the trunk, snatched the raid... ran away to recoup.. Came back and sprayed the hell out of that car... I parked that car inside from then on and it was affectionately called "the nest" from then on until I sold it. Unfortunately, the spiders moved in shortly after... I the garden spiders that were the size of your palm and wolf spiders loved that car. I swore a couple hissed at me. haha.

12. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Bug bomb works. I used it on a model A. Give it time and air it outreal good afterward. I used an air hose and blew out a lot of dead things...Good luck

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had an arachnophobia moment last week. One of those black fuzzy aggressive little fucks showed up on the windshield while I was driving. Instantly the hairs buzz on the back of my neck remembering when Mrs Highlander got bit by one. She said it felt like she got punched in the ribs it hurt so bad. After few seconds of the willies I grabbed a newspaper that was on the passenger seat and went to swat the bastard. He rared back a bit then ran up into the headliner. A few miles from home, I just kept going but semi obsessed by that evil fucker hoping he didn't jump into my face. As I turn down my road here he is on the rear view mirror! I pulled over, still with paper in hand, and blasted him to the passenger side floor. Once in the driveway I open the door and there he was, again turning toward, again taking a stance. "You ain't shit you ugly lil fucker, come get some..." I raised the paper again and he did just what I wanted, jumped at me. Not far enough though and ended up being ground to a pulp in the gravel drive. Generally I send the ones in the garage out the door with a blow gun, but the fuzzy bastards meet certain death. Not my idea of fun getting bit with my hands full of transmission or spray gun or anything else for that matter. Wasps and hornets? As crazy as it sounds, 90% of the time I look at em and say "Get the fuck out or you die.", and in all honesty I mean it. No fear pheromones or excess breathing (CO2) because those 2 things send them on a warpath. They actually leave the area. I'd raise my right hand to it and Mrs Highlander can't believe it when she sees it happen either. Bees/wasps/hornets and bears are the only creatures on the planet that can chemically sense fear based on some researcher's findings.

14. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

Aren't spider webs cool on hotrods?

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

no!!!!!

16. Kansas Old School

Kansas Old School
    from Kansas

the best thing for killing wasps is the oldest nastiest gasoline you can find, pour it on a nest and they will just drop dead. I worked at a junkyard in the 70's and we were always fighting wasp nests. just my 2 cents

17. I got spiders that big by me that mainly come out in late summer, August & September. The diabolical mofos put up a web at night, could probably arrest an F16 on a carrier deck. Then they take them down in the early AM hours.

Bob

18. I have been bit by yellow jackets and wasps, and had a severe reaction each time. Needless to say, I do all I can to stay the hell away from them. Spiders here are especially evil critters. All of these will make go from zero to "AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" in a snap!

I bought an O/T GMC cab & chassis flatbed truck last month. The very first thing I do when I get it home is check for wasps and spiders before it ever comes off the trailer. Then, it's off to the car wash to rid the vehicle of any visible nests or indicators. Then, if still necessary, do the bomb. In this case, there were a family of mice living under the carpet in the rear of the cab. Some D-Con and my left foot took care of the mice. My cats handled anything that might have been missed!