Register now to get rid of these ads!

Springfield, Mo. NSRA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc Squat, May 21, 2013.

1. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Who's making the trip. Looks like a off and on chance of rain. Still one of the best NSRA events in the country.

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'm planning to be there on Saturday. My brother (WZ JUNK) will be there all three days. The weather is looking good.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I will be there. If it doesn't rain it won't be like being in Spf.

4. Might be able to get there..........

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Okiedokie is right. I think only once in about 10 years has it not rained. Still is one of the best events in the country. My deuce has been wet before and will be again.
    Prayers for all the folks in the OKC area.

6. STREETREBEL

STREETREBEL

I finally have a car I can play with.
    Can't wait to cruise!

7. jetmech69

jetmech69

Will be there Fri and Sat leaving Sunday morning. Actually one of the only "big box" shows I will attend on a yearly basis. Great location with plenty of shade and has a fairly descent swap meet area. Will be making the 5 hour trip for the first time in my 1954 Belair. I typically roll with my pop in his 39 Chevy. Safe travels everyone and enjoy the holiday weekend. It should be a good one and a bit cooler also.

8. mow too much

mow too much

I'm going up Friday to pickup a Model A frame from William's Street Rods......sounds like I need to cover it up.

9. I will be going. Need some parts for all three of my projects:mad:

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

My wife and I are planning on it. Need some parts for two of my projects.

11. willymakeit

willymakeit

I live there. In Pa. This year but flying home for it. My son and I haven't missed it for years.
    I get to talk to Mojunk every year. Great guy. I'm supposed to meet some guys I've read about in the past. They have moved into the lakes area.

12. gbrown

gbrown

I'll be there. Actually cruised through the host hotel parking lot on my way into work this morning. Leaving work at noon to start getting the roadster all cleaned up. I'll be there all days.

13. Yup. I'll be in a '40 Ford.

14. gbrown

gbrown

See my thread here for pictures from the event.

15. Thanks, Mo Junk and OkieDokie, for stopping me and helping me put faces to names. I had a great time talking with both of you guys.

I didn't walk around much this year, as I had several distractions that came up on Saturday. I did get to ride around a bit and helped select the "Thumbs Up" award winner, the '32 B-400 with the go-fast goodies!

I wound up never getting the coupe out of the garage. The stake truck found a lot of new admirers this weekend, which was cool. Probably one of the coolest things that I witnessed was walking back to the truck and overhearing a guy, that I had met the day before, telling some folks all about the truck.

Travis (TooTallOkie), sorry I never made it back up the hill, and for always seeming to be leaving when you made it down to where I was. Made me feel like a jerk, but I hope to hang out with you when you come back over for the Queen City Riot!

Almost forgot...another funny and slightly embarrassing thing that happened was getting my number called for a $500 prize for RideTech products. I went down to claim it and realized I didn't have my NSRA card with me. They told me that I couldn't claim the prize because of that, so I started walking back towards the stands, then they called me back over and gave it to me. If anyone is interested, that prize is available for trade, as I don't have any use for it on either of my '40s.

16. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I wondered what was going on when you went to claim the prize and then left without it. I am glad they let you claim it.

Sorry I did not get to visit with you more.

John

17. willymakeit

willymakeit

Mojunk and Wuzjunk, thanks for letting me sit a while and tell lies. Forgot my cap and burnt my head but it was worth it.
    Even got a good deal on a rotary shear,bought some blocking hammers and a gas saver. Generally just blew my extra cash.
    See ya at the Hamb drags if I can time it right.