Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oklahoma HAMBERS,,, are you ok? Check in!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by von zipper, May 20, 2013.

1. jesse1980

jesse1980

My prayers are with them

2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Prayers and Godspeed.

3. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Living in Kansas I have seen the devastation first hand.

4. shadams

shadams

Terrible, but I just saw an update that said the death tolll was lowered to 24....I hate all the uncertainty, but that is to be expected in a disaster like this...

5. We are all ok, but hearing of more and more folks that either lost a house or loved ones all the time. I work with a guy that lost a sister and has other relatives in critical condition and have a good friend and fellow HAMBer that lost his house in Moore. Thanks for all the concern and prayers.

6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Devistating...

7. davidh73750

davidh73750

8. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Thoughts and prayers to all.

9. 54oldie

54oldie
    from Oklahoma

Bethany is about 10 to 15 miles NW of the damage area. All should be well in Bethany. LC

10. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Edmond came out alright yesterday.
    Thoughts and prayers go out to all the fellow Okies in need.

11. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

Ok here in Vinita,Ok. Had family in the OKC area and they all are ok. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families that have lost so much.

12. tjmercury

tjmercury

Small tornado skipped across just west of where I work in the NE corner of OK. Things got a little interesting, but we are all ok.

13. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

They have lowered the death toll to 24 of which 7 are children. So sad.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got tired of the media exploiting it and donated blood this morning. What kind of reporter asks a survivor, "How do you feel about this?" :confused:

I hope the body count stays low.

15. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

We are OK up on Grand Lake, near Pensacola.
    Prayers for all of the people who lost loved ones and friends. Material items can be replaced, lives are a different matter.

16. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Thoughts and Prayers.I know the area have spenta lot of time in Norman @ the USPS tech school NCED in Norman.MOORE OK the home of Toey Keith.I remember the destruction in the 99 tornado.

17. mow too much

mow too much

I feel so sad for the families that have lost a loved one, especially the ones that lost a child, our thoughts and prayers or with you.

18. The talking head media never cease to stoop to new lows. Interviewing little children after a disaster is one thing I simply cannot stomach! It's done for shock and ratings. A deplorable practice. And of course, the national media needs to become part of the story, and swoop in with their "stars" and satellite trucks. It turns my gut.

After my place got destroyed in 2003, there was a never-ending parade of helicopters over the house for nearly four days. No privacy; just hover, film, and annoy. I mooned a TV chopper after getting so annoyed at their constant display of insensitivity.

Plus, media-types, the phrases are "gut-wrenching" and "heart-rending", not the other way around.

Pray for the victims of this terrible disaster, folks. The destruction and sadness is simply beyond words, to me. Please donate to your favorite relief charity, and specify the Moore tornado relief efforts. Several thousand homeless people will thank you for your efforts.

19. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

The police arrested two men today for looting. They should make them help cleanup and rebuild until everything is rebuilt. Once done they should have to go from house to house and apologize.

20. My father was from Clinton, Mother from Sayre. I grew up at the flower shop and nursery we had on Frisco in Clinton. My favorite kinfolk are from Elk City and Cherokee.
    I'm going to donate to the red cross.
    Keep the faith before fear Sooners !!!
    Hang the looters .....

21. mow too much

mow too much

Looters? That's unbelievable that someone would be that lowlife, I agree with 54 Chevy but I would also have a public horse whipping and televise it so others that can't live as normal humans will know the consequences..........maybe a public hanging.

22. Yep, no room for thieves and con folks, hangem high! It's bad enough during the rebuild all the traveling con men come out and even then they are like fleas!