Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are you Okies OK?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by belair, May 19, 2013.

1. I haven't been so scared since the May 2003 tornado took out my house and shop...and yes, we were inside it! My wife's cousin (four years old) was in the pre-school across from the school that was destroyed (but had no casualties). Two guys I work with had the tornado miss them by a block or so. Another friend had a car at a shop in Moore, and the shop with everything in it is completely gone. I am five miles from the closest tornado funnel, and I have pink and white insulation, roofing material, and a Snap-On 7/16" wrench land on my roof and yard.

I'm just dumbstruck by the amount of sheer destruction.

2. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Prayers being sent to and for everyone.

3. Thoughts, prayers, and no doubt plenty of support from us south of the Red. So heartsick for all who are suffering tonight.

4. o2beme

o2beme

Missed a friends house by quarter of a mile

5. Don Jackson (oldschoolbelair) lost his home in Moore, wife and son okay, please pray for his family.

6. In our thoughts hope and pray all our friends will be ok

7. Abomb

Abomb

Praying for you, my wife is a survivor of the 1979 Wichita Falls Tx tornado. She was a child and walked out of the only house left standing in her neighborhood...she is still terrified to this day when the weather turns. These people need our prayers, and if you don't pray, consider helping in some other way....

8. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

91 confirmed dead. So sad, 20 are the children from the school that was hit. Prayers are needed. I hope all our HAMB friends are OK.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bad bad bad stuff. Prayers for mercy.

10. thoughts , prayers and condolences from New Zealand for all you okies. Hard for us down here to comprehend what you are all going through .

11. Its just heartbreaking to see the devistation.

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the update.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

This is the first I heard about this, condolences and prayers, sent from Afghanistan, to the families that lost love ones and the injured.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  14. Lord, please send comfort that only You can, Thank you.

I don't know what I would do in this situation but I have been and will continue praying to the Lord.

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Gawd, the news footage of the area reminds me of Hurricane Andrew. There will be helping hands, keep your chins up! Gary

16. cutlass_supreme71

cutlass_supreme71

Thank God my Family and I made it through. I am thinking about taking up a collection to help the victims or help the red cross buy supplies for the victims. I would be giving any funds collected to my church to get to the proper place to get the best use of it. I started a thread on it http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803604 let me know if that is something you all would be interested in doing.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  17. fat141

fat141

Aussie night news calls 91 dead thus far, so sorry
    Rod

18. davidh73750

davidh73750

I came too close for comfort to the Sunday tornado within a few miles. When I get my boys today I will hug them extra long let them do and eat whatever they want, the picture is right before we went into safe room

Attached Files:

19. wally426ci

wally426ci

Unreal. I'm very sorry to see this terrible news.

20. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Edmond made it through yesterday ok but many friends and coworkers live in Moore.
    Very bad day for Ok thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in need.

21. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

They have lowered the death toll to 24 of which 7 were children. So sad. Prayers for all.

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

We're ok. Thanks for checking in on us. It's gonna be a long road to recovery.

23. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

My prayers go out to all the families affected by this.

Here is a picture of my cousins house just northeast of Newcastle. They were not home at the time and are both ok

[​IMG]

This is his ot roadrunner found about 100 yards from his house.
    [​IMG]

24. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Terrible and tragic, Our thoughts an prayers go out to all effected by this disaster.

25. Hey, split51, if that is a Panther Pink RoadRunner, I believe I know your cousin! That did a number on his whole place. I am sorry for your cousins' loss, and am glad to hear that they are ok!

26. davidh73750

davidh73750

27. scrubba

scrubba

The wife an I are getting donations together via a couple of Native American organizations . OKIES, ya'all ain't been forgotten ! scrubba

28. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

29. Jeff sent me a text about Don this morning. Can't believe the devastation. Just glad he and his family are alright.