Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Anybody?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1stGrumpy, May 19, 2013.

1. I ran across this photo, surfing the net. This is how we would have done it back in the day. Anybody know the car? I would like to see some more pictures of it or of something similar. This is how I plan on doing my '57, like I would have back in '64!

Attached Files:

2. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

Pretty cool car. Lets give it a bump

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

4. Dave B.

Dave B.

Sweet car. Love the early '60s look AND the color!

5. looks like a late 90's truck in the background - so it's most likely a late build....

just do it....and say....this is my build.....

6. That color was pretty popular in mid-sixties, called mid-metallic green, I hated it then and I hate it now but the car itself is just bitchen.

7. Here's another along the same lines...

Attached Files:

8. Chemin

Chemin

Excuse my ignorance, but what features make it a mid '60s build? Just the paint? Stance? Side pipes?
    Thanks

9. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

This is the only picture I have seen of this car, and I always wanted to see more. Seems unusual these days that there wouldn't be a ton of pics and info on a car this nice on the HAMB.

10. Squablow

Squablow

Pretty sure there is a tri-5 mild custom thread with a pic of this car in it, although it might be the same pic, maybe just bigger/higher resolution. More info was with that pic I believe. A Google image search should turn up the thread.

11. Full length Lakes pipes, often not connected
    Spotlights, usually dummy
    Lancer style wheel covers
    Moderate lowering, but above scrub line, so legal, usually lower in front
    Dechromed hood and deck

I would date it early to mid sixties. I have the same features on my avatar car. It fits well in an early to mid sixties high school parking lot. BTW, I only paid $200 for my '57 BelAir Tudor sedan in '65, straight and essentially rust free.

12. Just the whole package in general. Early to mid 60's in southern California (other areas also, I'm sure), those of us with limited funds, would build this style of mild custom.

13. I was surprised, also, that there isn't more information on it. I thought that someone on here would surely know the car.

14. A similar one I have seen around here:

Attached Files:

15. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

16. Squablow... I found a bigger/higher resolution picture in the thread "Customs The Definitive "MILD CUSTOM" Photo Thread", unfortunetly it's the same picture and there isn't any info.

Attached Files:

17. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I don't know who did it but they knew what they we doing. That thing oozes cool. :cool:

18. That's nice. Thanks for the picture, Sancho.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

H.A.M.B.er Miles M has a very similarly done '57 that still wears the paint it was shot in in about '61 or so and it's perfect. I don't have any pictures of it myself, but you might look at his album and see.

20. Google Dave Jenkins A bros 57 Chevy....perfect example of how they used to do it....cause it was built when they used to do it!

21. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

beautiful 57. Only period piece missing is the Buick grille, a very popular modification, and for good reason.

22. Still no luck on finding info on that '57, but I did run across another "unknown" by Watson...

Attached Files: