Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 model A running on diesel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by przybyl28, May 1, 2012.

1. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Ditto....except I'd change one thing. I'd be driving it everyday instead of you driving it. :D

2. przybyl28

przybyl28

Cheers streamliner an five oh ! Ive tried to build it breaking the mould. Keeping the stock height roof an diesel ect .. An im jus totally over the moon that its getting appreciation !! :D

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Looks great! Sounds Great!

All my drivers are diesel, even if I had to put the diesel engine in there myself. I haven't converted my A, because it didn't seem "traditional" . I'm glad you're proving that wrong.

I love diesels becuase they are so much more relaible. My mechinal injection Cummins have modern day performance with simplicity rivaling a Model A.

The ability to run biodiesel is also a huge motivator for me. The engine is the heart of an old vehicle. All of us who car about cars, want the heart to match our mental ideal, but we often neglect the fact that our American (excuse the USA pride)muscle burns petroleum imported from the Middle East.

I had the priviledge to haul biodiesel on the 2007 Hot Rod Power Tour for Jay Leno's EcoJet . Jay gets it, that we need renewable and domestic fuel to keep our hobby alive.

[​IMG]

4. 97

Download Speedview to your smartphone....GPS speedo. it will give you speed and distance and a whole lot more without being connected to anything.... traditional hi tech for lowtech hotrod...:D:D:D

5. przybyl28

przybyl28

Actually ... Thats not a bad idea ! Best get on the app store for a speedo ! An pop down town for a suction cup phone holder !! :D

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw