Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 Jalopy Showdown thanks!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 20, 2013.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

We made a change to the camping & parking this year & I know you get used to being a certain spot so change is not always fun. Thank you for making it pretty easy. There was a little grumbling & we expected it but as always everyone rolls with the punches to have a great show! Those changes really freed up room around the track & eliminated some of the traffic jam there so for the SHOW & CREW it work out great!! Another great crowd, everyone seemed to have a good time, vendors did good. As always, you left the place in great shape for us, any trash in bags & all together, THANK YOU! Do me a favor next year. We have the same crew show up year after year to help. When you see a guy or girl in a crew shirt, thank THEM. Because when they quit or cant do it any more the show is over!
    I like the notice & thanks but it really wont happen without them!! It is the same with the museum volunteers that do the parking & camping placement. I working on something a little different for you guys to watch next year...more if I can make it happen! See for our VW show at Latimore the end of July if you dig that kind of thing & the Jalopy Showdown Drags the last weekend of Sept at Beaver Springs.

2. scarylarry

scarylarry

Almost forgot to thank the metal shaper guys for dragging all the tools & equipment out to teach everyone how to bend up some metal. Always nice to see the interest in LEARNING at a car show!

3. oj

oj

Thanks for all of your efforts, the Showdown is special and we appreciate everything you folks have done.

4. Great job team.
    I spent a lot of time at the metal shaping and came away with some great ideas.

Thanks Larry,

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Another great show! Thanks to everyone for everything!

6. Larry - Great job and first class by all of those involved. See-ya at the Drags in Sept!

7. Larry, You and your crew are the best! You looked more relaxed than at any time in the past. I think I even saw you crack a smile once or twice:)

8. the violator

the violator

another great year for the showdown, to everyone involved thanks and keep up the good work!!!!!! Todd

9. J. Clear

J. Clear

Larry
    This was one of the biggest crowds we've ever had at the metalshapers demo. Unlike the panel beaters of the old days we really enjoy sharing the knowledge and info. Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

J. Clear

10. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks, I was better! We have radios now which cut my day to a half marathon! Oh, and I'm always smiling (on the inside) ;)

11. lorodz

lorodz

I just want to thank all involved, especially larry, for a guy named scarry larry you are super nice guy.I had a great time, hope to be back next year.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Thank you again Larry and the entire crew.... another great show!

13. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

Thanks to the whole crew that makes this show possible, its one of the best events of the year. I will say that i'm not crazy about the new camping arangement, I prefered being closer to the track like in past years, but if thats how it needs to be then so be it. I was more upset with the loud, drunken idiots that kept me and my 2 year old son up until the early morning hours. Maybe you could have a seperate "quiet" camping area for people who just want someplace to get some sleep and not party all night. Just a thought. Thanks again for all the hard work.

14. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for putting this thing together and keeping all the crazy people inside the fence! It is always a high point of the year, a show not to be missed.
    I may even go to your VW event to see what the Godless Furrin crazy people are like...
    Will there be an invitational this year?? Drag meet in September??

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a quiet camping area across the track by ( I guess ) turn 2. There was a huge HAMB banner hanging there on a tree. Maybe next year check out that area. It was pleasant, quiet non drunken ( maybe ) with what turned out to be a very low usage port a potty. I am sure we will be back in the same spot next year.

16. First timer here...Just wanted to thank everyone that puts forth the time to put this on, you guys did a bang up job.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks Larry!!!! I had a great time.

18. scarylarry

scarylarry

Bruce, No Invitational, probably the one & only. Drags are end of Sept. again.

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thank you Larry and Kim! Thanks to your crew!
    There is nothing that makes me happy like pulling into Latimore.
    Amazing. See you in the fall.
    Slim

20. I was a first-timer for the Showdown this year. I had a great time and thanks to all the crew. They did an excellent job. It was a great opportunity to meet some fellow HAMBers and some old friends. I also made new friends and that's always a good thing. Can't have too many friends.

21. It was my first time out this year so, thank you to everyone who takes part in putting the show together. I had a great time and saw many cars that I would love to have in my collection. Thanks to everyone who brought their cars out to share also. See ya next year or maybe even at the drags!

Dustin

22. Thank you Larry and crew.... We had a wonderful time and got the ride the rocket twice this year... 50 cents well spent!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I brought several friends to their first time at the show. They were blown away! Already making plans for next year.

I was so impressed with the smiling faces and great attitude of the people doing the work to make others happy. I'm in the habit of thanking people who work to make others happy, but they beat me to the punch several times as I was walking up to thank them!

Seemed to be the smoothest running show yet!

Thanks again to Larry and all who make this a one of a kind great event.

P.S. The lady driving the shuttle bus to the museum was super nice and had a great idea. Take the bus around the track. I'd like to see as many helpers as you can spare board the bus and take a lap or two on the track to enjoy the cheers of the crowd for their efforts.................OK?

24. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks, I need Spike to post some photos from one of the first shows. The bus DID go around the track with Paxton driving it sideways!!

25. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

This was my first time attending the Showdown and I had a blast! Thanks for all the hard work putting together such a great event.

26. My first year at the show I took a ride up to the museum, on thew way back I asked Paxton;
    How much to make acouple laps on the track. Donate money to the museum and we will make a few.
    It was raining muddy and the wipers were just pushing the mud around on the windshield, I put 20 bucks in the pot and all I can say is it was the wildest ride I have ever had on the special bus. If next year they let Paxton drive the bus on the track
    I'M THERE!!
    thank you Larry and Kim johnny Jr and all the rest of the people who make this weekend awesome!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Again, Another Great job To Larry and his gang!
    See you again next year!

28. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

thanks again for another great time ,still can't believe i missed those first shows hope to see this show have a long run , because it is such a fun event with a good cause

29. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Second time to the show. First time vendor. Had a great time, made a couple of bucks. Will be back for next year. Thanks again Larry!!!

30. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Thanks again Larry ! Kim, Paxton, Jr, Travis, Scott, Pat and a ton of other people that help this event happen. this year kicked ass seemed to be more laid back things ran smoothly that big ol sun didnt burn me this year :) I love this show cant get enough of it .. like i've said before the night before the showdown is like a kids night before christmas , to excited to fall asleep
    See ya at the drags