Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Deuce Roadster passed away tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 19, 2013.

1. sota

sota

So sorry to hear this!!RIP Randy

2. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Sorry to hear this, Godspeed Randy. You'll be missed.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

OMG, this is terrible and such a shock. Randy was such a great guy. The first upstate SC guy i met when I moved down there. He helped me find my Sedan body. Always a first rate guy, willing to help and educate you. a Hardcore 32 owner/driver and a true Southern gentleman.

This is so sad, there is void that will not be filled.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. tinmann

tinmann

This is sad news indeed. I've never had the chance to meet Randy, and that was my loss. When he was re-doing the seat for his 3w, I asked if he could send me patterns of the wood. "No problem", he said, and a week later paper patterns arrived in the mail. Wouldn't take a thing for it. Later when he was talking about finding a Canadian Mercury pickup, I happened to have some Merc hood emblems. I sent those along to a good home in South Carolina. Randy's contributions on the HAMB will be missed. My condolences to friends and family.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I never met him but I sure read a lot of his posts. Thoughts and prayers to all his friends and family, and his close group of Hamb friends too. Godspeed, Randy.

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a tragedy!!!---After meeting Randy & wife, & emailing over the years with news & stories, all of us will sorely miss him!!
    Condolences to all of Randy's family.
    I know he was planning on being at the LAR show in June, Fathers day.
    R.I.P my friend----Don

7. the-rodster

the-rodster

So very sad.

He was a true cornerstone of the HAMB.

Reminds me of the passing of C9.

Rich

8. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

9. Tony

Tony

Very very sad news. He will be missed.
    Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends.
    RIP DR.

Tony

10. shoebox50

shoebox50

Sad news RIP

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is not the thread I was expecting to see this morning and I am in shock. I bought a 48 F1 parts truck from him a few years ago...he practically gave it to me it was so cheap. That is the kind of guy he was...as a matter of fact...the last time I talked to him he called me to tell me that he was going to "drop off" some spare F1 parts that he was not going use...and wouldn't let me pay for them...

It will not be the same without you sitting next to your 32 at the local cruise in..

R.I.P Randy

You will be missed.

12. Danny, Please extend my thought and prayers to Randy's family and friends. I'm really glad I got to meet him in October! Now I'll recognize another face when I go Home!

Call me if you need anything, Brother!

SDG

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Wow, this picture really struck me. It is kinda prophetic with his car driving toward the clouds like that. Brings a tear to my eye.

Don

[​IMG]

14. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

15. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

Sorry to hear this prayers for family and friends

16. I am very sorry to hear this news, guys. I didn't know Randy except through the HAMB but I enjoyed his posts and respected his knowledge. Reading the posts in this thread, he sounds like one of the good guys in this world. My sincerest condolences to family and friends for your loss.

RIP Deuce Roadster.

17. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Terrible news. Threads on the HAMB about 32 Fords will never be the same without Randy's input.

18. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Merlin just sent me a pm..
    I'm so sad about this.. He taught me so much about 32's..
    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT WERE ALL DOING FOR HIM/his wife.. Keep me posted please

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

WOW. A shocker for me. My condolences to his family, which includes any DEUCE lover.

20. My condolences and prayers to his family

21. HRP,

I just happened to stumble on your post a few minutes ago, and then just by accident. I had to read it two or three times before the news sunk in.

We've lost a great guy that had a BIG heart. I knew his health was suffering, but not to this degree.

Tough guy to get to know, but once you did, you had a friend for life. He made significant contributions while he was here and will be missed. We'll be tellin' Randy stories for years to come.

Just when he had it all going for himself and his wife, he's now gone. This bothers all of us. Has he gone to a better place? We can only hope so. But if it's like they say it is, he'll be '32 Ford roadster cruising, top down, looking down, waving to us every day.

His long visits to the HAMB Village at Charlotte will be missed. Thinking about him and his life long passion for cars brings a tear to my eyes. Enough said, it's bothering me, I feel like he got cheated out of some quality time for fun here. May Randy RIP.

22. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Aw, man. Randy was a really good guy. I hope Ouidasue is doing allright. Wayno

23. Randy was indeed a road dog,,he love to log miles in his roadster,,this is the image I saw a lot! HRP

[​IMG]

24. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. May he rest in peace.

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

may he rest in peace. the HAMB lost a great person who contributed a lot to this forum

26. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I hate losing my friends.:(
    I didnt know Randy as well as Danny and Frank, but he was always nice to me, and answered a BUNCH of stupid questions. I'll miss talking to him.
    RIP Randy

27. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

R.I.P. Duce Roadster ..

28. robertsregal

robertsregal

So sorry for the loss,condolences and prayers going your way.

29. I just saw this very sad news. Randy was a great guy, so sorry to hear of his passing.

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Damn.....RIP Randy.