Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I needed a wash...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim J, May 18, 2013.

1. Jim J

Jim J

Brought car to son's middle school for fundraiser event.

[​IMG]

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

3. Nice work

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Very nice merc. Love seeing them unchopped.

5. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

6. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

You are a BRAVE man.

Ok, here's my story:

I'm in high school (many many moons ago), and my best buddy has a new Mustang, like 3 years old. A big deal for a high school kid. Just a beautiful car. He got all girls he wanted with it.

So one day, he and I are cruisin' someplace in the summer, and we see a cheerleader car wash. No one had stopped yet, so we'd be the first ones (remember, we're like 17 at the time).

We pull the car up, we get out and start slinging our best BS, while some other girls are washing the car. Playing the "big shots" with the new red mustang.

I just happened for a second to look back at the car, and I saw a girl with a bucket of soap and a big SOS pad....CLEANING THE REAR DECK LID!
    AFTER she had finished the rear quarter panels!

It took us a full day to buff it all out, by hand. However, it never was perfect again.

(the worst part is that that's not the only time that has happened to me)

7. dad-bud

dad-bud

Nice way to show your car off to some kids who would probably think it's cool.
    Ya never know, you might even convince one of them to want to get into old cars too.
    I wish you the best for doing a good thing.

8. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

You know the kids really loved it!

Billy

9. aaggie

aaggie

I have an old Far Side cartoon about a Cub Scout car wash and the cars leaving are only clean from the middle of the windows down, funny.

10. Jim J

Jim J

Thanks for the kind words folks

Lol. That's a story alright.

Nah, not so brave. This car is distinctly in the "rough driver" category. There were plenty of adults taking care of the goings-on.
    Plus my 13 year old got to play it cool: "yeah, that's my Dad's car..."

I think the kids did like it.

11. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Any pictures of it not all lathered up?

I really dig it.

12. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

That's always fun to let the kids wash a rod or custom, or any old car. I took my '46 Chevy with a bright red with silver flames paint job to my kids school car wash . It was being held on the Main Street in town and I thought the car would attract attention for the kids. The adults were really worried about the kids washing the car and asked if I actually wanted it washed. I told them "yeah, it's a car with car paint on it and it needs a wash." They did a great job!

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Years ago I saw a Stephen F. Austin High School Cheerleader Squad carwash going on at a local fast food place on the east side of Houston. I was driving my 40 Ford Coupe so I stopped got it washed. The girls and parents were exicted to do the job. I asked if anyone had a camersa to take a pic for the yearbook adn NO ONE did! I really wanted that car in that yearbook! I never carried a camera either. DUH

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Our local car club had a cruise-in at the local high school. Out front. I noticed some girls with a free car wash sign. I asked what the free car wash was about. They said they were looking for donations for new band instruments. I gave them $50 but said I'd wash my own car.

15. Jim J

Jim J

Thanks. Here is the current look

[​IMG]

16. Wow! There's a blast from the past! I grew up in Wyckoff and went to Eisenhower. Looks different from what I remember. Todd