Register now to get rid of these ads!

shoebox wobble

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rcranger, May 16, 2013.

1. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

got my sons car all back together ,faman dropp uprights aerostar coils new bushings,shocks, ford 8.8 rear axle, new shocks,all new bushings and shackles, everything is tight at 60 take hands off the wheel straight down the road ,still needs ailignment but not that far off, the problem is feels like the car is wobbling back and forth,parked the car in the garage got on the floor and what i see when you push on the side of the car is the sidewalls flexing both front and back ,like the car is on jello, couple of searches seem to think that a rear swaybar might help, not quite sure if that will solve the problem,before someone says did you put more air in the tires have tried different settings from 28-40 with no noticable differance

2. knoxbrendon

knoxbrendon

My parents had a 98 Nissan pathfinder that did the same thing they replaced the tires and it still did it. It ended up being some worn bushings in the rear suspension

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Threads on this talk about steering arms ect..... I also know the alignment adjustment can cure this by loading the tires, Toe in toe out/ caster ect...

4. F&J

F&J

I would agree on getting aligned first, by a good shop that understands chasing a problem.

5. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

it is going to get aligned next week ,front may have something to do with it ,but sure feels like the rear is where the movement is coming from,maybe it is fighing each other ? not sure ,just the reverse of the death wobble that some have in the front end front is tracking fine,rear seems to be moving not horrible just want to figure out if anyone else hs had this happen and if swaybar helped

6. oldsman41

oldsman41

7. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

One too many fat chicks in there.