Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN - 63 Chevy C10 lwb pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bazooka, May 9, 2013.

1. jkeesey

jkeesey

If he said he already taped over them he's guilty. Id call the cops and tell them he stole your truck.

2. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Impossible. I've been told I'm the only one who still uses a vcr.

He's obviously lying.

3. Bazooka

Bazooka

When I talked with the officer and made the stolen vehicle report all the info I had was given to the officer. I told him about the surveillance cameras and that I suspected that the apt. manager was in on it. He told me he would look into it for me. Since then he hasn't returned any phone calls. Its pretty much true that police don't care if you get your stuff back. The officer called me the day it came up missing and filed his report then entered it into the system as a stolen vehicle. I think that is pretty much all that is going to be done about it. I wouldn't be surprised if the engine has been plucked and the rest of the truck has already been cut into a million pieces and sold to a scrap yard.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  4. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

That's all that's going to be done about it only because you're accepting that. Call them every damn day and ask what they're doing to find who stole your truck. Ask if the questioned the apartment manager. Ask what they saw on the security tape or if they even bothered to watch it. You have to motivate them to find it.
    I agree with the others. The manager is in on it, or at least knows more than he's letting on.

5. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

doesnt the apartment manager have to keep the tapes for a certain amount of time whether its important or not. seems like they have to keep at least a months tapes then can start taping over things

6. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

X2 my basic home security tapes will run for 60 days.

7. 1959apache

1959apache

Is there another location that is close that has security cameras? A gas station? Another apartment building? stop light? If he deleted his recordings then maybe someone else down the road has something for you. There is more than one way to skin a cat. He is guilty if he recorded over them and I am pretty sure it is illegal to destroy evidence in a crime regardless if you are guilty or not.

I hope you find it intact

8. jkeesey

jkeesey

Heres my wifes idea, get a friend who happens to be female with large breasteses ask the apt. manager about the truck saying she was interested in buying it. Have her tell him she would be ever so gracious for any information. If hes not gay he may slip up.

9. Fenders

Fenders

If the security camera shows the spot your truck was parked in, the tape had to have shown it getting hauled off, and that is proof that the manager is lying.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im guessing you know who did it, and what you need to do..
    yep, you probably wont get your truck back, but that manager shouldnt get his balls back either:eek:

11. Report his car as illegally parked - pretend to be him - get it towed away.

12. Love that idea, definitely something my crazy self would do!

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I was talking to a friend earlier and he said businesses have to keep their surveillance tapes for 60 days before deleting them, could be BS but worth looking into.

14. Who would steal a long wheel base truck?

15. Bazooka

Bazooka

I am calling the PD daily and just getting the run around. I was informed just now that I need to be contacting a detective not the officer that took the report. I have been calling several times a day for the past week and they are just now telling me this. I was never told this or given any info about a detective. They just kept forwarding me to the officers voice mail. Would have been nice for the officer to give me a call back and let me know this. Instead he just ignored my messages and the girls answering the phone have such a i dont give a shit attitude. Maybe now that I have left a message with the detective i can get a return call.

16. Bazooka

Bazooka

exactly and a very rusty one at that. The truck looks nicer in the pics then it appears in person. WAY more rust then noticed in the pics. Interior was also shredded. Bed wood was so bad only a few pieces were intact. It really did look like a HEAP but it was my grandfathers and would still like it back regardless of its condition.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  17. slammed

slammed

What is scrap per ton in your local right now? A few parts sold and the rest crushed for cash.

18. Bazooka

Bazooka

I'm not sure about the price of scrap but I would not be shocked at all if this has already happend.

19. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

Maybe Foose has it!!!!!!

20. raidmagic

raidmagic

most new style DVRs only record for 36 hours then they rerecord on the drive. That's how mine is so if I want video of something I have to know about it in a 3 day window

21. brad chevy

brad chevy

You will never get anything done on the phone with the P.Dept. If the cop wrote a report you have a case no. Not demanding that the apartment manager let you see the tape was your 1 st mistake. Unless you have just given up go to the P.D. and ask to talk to the commanding officer,not some phone jocky and explain the situation to him in a civil manner. Really sounds like you need to move anyway.

22. Bazooka

Bazooka

So the detective got around to getting the security footage from the apt manager. the footage the apt manager told me he had deleted. :confused: Im not really sure what to think about that..

Anyway, looks like the truck was actually stolen. Detective said It was driven away just after midnight on May 9th. He said the footage was grainy and could not see the thief very well.

23. HEH!!!:mad:

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I found the only way to get the cops to give a shit about something that was stolen was to tell them your gun got stolen right along with it.

my buddies Chevelle was stolen several years ago, he saw it in an apartment parking lot and called the cops. they took his information and took it off the stolen list and didn't even bother to go out and look.

it is a good time to be a thief. cops just don't care or have the time to investigate.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I had a similar thing happen to a Falcon that I still own now thirty years later. We had a new management couple move in, she would manage the apartments, he would still run their "towing company". He asked me several time to sell the car and offered rediculously low offers, so I said no. They only lasted about two months at the apartments, and about a week after they left, my car dissappeared. On a hunch I mobilized every friend I had and together we fanned out and checked all ten or eleven of the towing yards in Tempe at that time. Found it at the last one. Funny, it wasn't the "maager's" lot, but a friend of his. We got 7 or 8 of us together, walked in and took it back. I called the police back after it was back in my hands 'cause I knew that they would cause nothing but troble getting it back. Like I said, I still have it, and this was '85 or so...

26. Truckedup

Truckedup

Actually stolen? and most here want to hang the manager with no proof of him doing the crime.Boy,if a person accused any of them for stealing they would have a shit fit.
    It's a good thing the lynch mob is just internet bravado :D

27. Manager was still hindering the investigation.

28. Spork!

Spork!

Doesn't mean thew manager wasn't involved. The thief could be his buddy. Why did he lie about the tapes? Is his name Nixon (or Obama?):eek::D

29. Veach

Veach

Knock on doors around the Apts and see if someone seen it.ATMs is another good idea but the Cops will have to do that.Find out if anyone has ever had a car towed in the Apts and if so who towed there's.If the Manager would have had it towed who would have towed it.Find out if you can get a Cop to ask the Manager for the security system Internet feed most are not tape they are go to a hard drive.Check out the security system and see if you can find out who put the system in might get lucky and the installer is a Car Guy and will pull it up for you.Ask the Manager if you can use his/her phone book might have the tow company marked in it.Call as many local Car clubs that you can and see if you can get them to make phone calls for you someone in the Clubs might get lucky.If after all that don't work the only thing left is a 12 pack and just hope it shows up.This day and age you can't just kick the shit out of someone unless you are 100% for sure who done it and you don't have anything to do for about 90 days.Also look where the Cops park there POV and see if you can find a cool Car then ask another Cop say who owns that cool Mustang there you might get the name of a Cop that's a Car Guy then you have a better chance of getting Him/Her to check for you.Good Luck and I hope you get Her Back

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  30. Truckedup

Truckedup

Prove it! It works both ways so some asshole with an attitude can't say you stole his stuff. I realize this is an internet story and none of us know anything about the manager or even the OP's character.
    But the minute something like this is posted half the guys says mess up a guys shit......You got a problem with a person ,you confront them ,or call the authorities.fucking with people behind their backs is bullshit.