Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Plymouth transmission parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model A Mark, May 15, 2013.

1. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Hey guys, Im looking for a good source for transmission parts for a 47 Plymouth Im working on.
    Its a 3 speed.
    I need the counter shaft and low and high main gears, brass and bearings.
    and the emergency brake band.
    thanks for any help..

2. plymouth52

plymouth52

I have a trans out of 52 (non overdrive) I think they are the same but if you get me Block info I can check

3. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

They should be the same.. the Tranny in the 55 I have is out of a 46.. and the V8 is out of a 56..

4. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

I think the trannie is stock, but the engine is a later model, 51 or 2 I think, its a 230.
    do you have the trans apart ?

5. hey....pretty sure they are the same up thru the 50's on the six's and to about 56' on the V/8's....could check my Hollander's but I think that's correct....

are you going to Yellow Belly for the Nostalgic race get together this weekend the 18th...?

I have one from one of my 241 Hemi's sitting around and could bring it there....they have the reallllly long input shaft....

Lawrence

6. If I'd known two weeks ago I probably could have bought a whole good trans for you for stupid cheap.

7. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

There is a difference in the trannys. Theres is one with a fluid drive clutch with a converter kinda thing That has a way longer input shaft with a diffrent spline. Then there is one with a regular clutch with a shorter input shaft with a diffrent spline. I dont think there is a diffrence in these trannys other then the diffrent clutch option for back then.

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don't believe Plymouths ever had the Fluid Drive thing, just the Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler end of the Mopar train.

9. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

this thing doesnt have a fluid drive, i seen that on my old hemi.
    thanks rustynewyorker, i wish i would have known,
    hey lawrence, thanks man, yea ill be there, ill be driving my ol green 50 f1 pick-up, look for me please.
    ill post the block numbers this afterneen plymouth52, thanks
    thanks guys, gotta love the hamb..

10. plymouth52

plymouth52

nope still attached to the motor
    I am not going to tear it down for a individual parts (will only sell complete)
    I will sell with or without the Bell housing.
    non fluid drive (have one of those too)
    unknown condition
    will sell it for 75.00 + shipping (you will have to arrange shipping)

11. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

thanks plymouth52, ill let you know, im goanna try to find something local first

12. Those aren't a very big trans, are they? You can probably ship it FedEx Ground. Might have to crate it though.

13. going out to look at it tomorrow - after a thought - it might be a 57-59 6cyl trannie and bell housing I pulled to put behind a 392....but it should fit the early six motor....we'll have to check the lenth for the trans support....measure yours....I pulled it in the early 90's to use some at some point in time....think I'll be bringing my little 64 Studie....it still has some blue paint on it....

14. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

hey guys, i found the parts i needed today local,
    thanks

15. plymouth52

plymouth52

Awesome

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!