Register now to get rid of these ads!

Washington Blue Color Code

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan65, May 16, 2013.

1. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

Hello all,

I have searched for a couple years for a color code for 36 Ford Washington blue. I have the Ford color code M1747. What I am looking for is a code for Dupont Nason Ful-Thane.

I have had many 1/2 pints mixed in the various codes found on the internet, and most are too violet or too light. I would love to get the mix code off of the Bishop Tardel Roadster.

One code that usually pops up in a search is G8381 (1987 Isuzu Cavalier Blue). This color just doesn't look right to me. Also the Roadway Express Truck code looks too violet maybe the old Washington Blue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Stan

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

scootermcrad,

That looks great!, ....But I was hoping to get a code that my local paint shop can mix (Dupont / and or Nason) . I have plans to shoot the paint this weekend, but if I have no luck coming up with what I need I will be giving TCP a shout. Once again, the 32 shell looks awesome!

Thanks,
    Stan

4. Torchie

Torchie

Try paintref.com if that doesn't bring it up pm me as I have the codes from my Dupont guy.
    Torchie.

5. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

The paint code we have used is PPG Concept DCC-1246, This is also a 1936 Pierce-Aero code also.

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

D'oh! Sorry! I thought that number on the color card would get you somewhere.

And thanks!

7. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

I used DuPont 8381 Isuzu Cavalier Blue which I found on a similar topic on here.
    Looks awesome !

8. Flydipper

Flydipper
    from Washington

looks a lot like my 65 Mustang Caspian Blue!

9. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

1965 Mustang Caspian Blue is a metallic. Washington Blue has no metallic I believe. I had a 65 Coupe that was Caspian blue. Sold it last year.

A 32 grille shell looks good from any angle :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  10. might have the paint shop mix up the Caspian with out the metal flake , just for a look , might be right , fleck can change color tone in some circumstances,