Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. I had just brought home the pile of parts that I now call my 48 ford. I was so excited about it I called up a friend from work to come over a take a look at my new treasure. The first words out of his mouth were, " you must have bumped you head" just the honesty in his voice had me rolling on the ground in laughter.

2. pride63

pride63

At a show on Sunday in aid of a local cancer hospice, an old lady and her husband(70-75ish) spent ages looking at my wagon. I told them they could sit in it if they wanted, they were smiling madly as the sat on the front bench seat . When the old lady got out she looked at me and said "that is a real knicker dropper" . The husband looked over and laughed and they went of giggling like a pair of teenagers. I couldn't stop smiling lol
    [​IMG]
    63 country sedan by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr

3. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I have that same brother I law. Ha ha.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. castirondude

castirondude

One time I was checking into a hotel in West Yellowstone,MT
    There was a dutch guy standing there making stupid remarks about my truck.
    Problem is that he didn't expect that I speak dutch. OPHOEPELE!! :D

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL surprise surprise! What did he say when you let him know that you understood him?

6. greasy58

greasy58
    from montana

I got a good one, i wanted to join the car club back where im from in montana so i went to my first and only club meeting and all they wanted to do was make fun of my car probably because it didnt have 10 tons of chrome on the engine, it wasnt finished and it didnt have a super duper snazzy paint job. I kinda got the feeling these guys dont remember their roots at all. What the hell ever happened with getting together with fellow car nutz and just helpin each other out???? and just being happy with what you got and the progress you want to make on your project??? there were a few guys there that were fun to listen to when they were talkin about the old times. It wasnt a complete and total loss i guess. i just hope this doesnt happen all that often, it dont matter as long as yer havin fun!!!!

7. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

the people who think it,s a merc

8. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

i was out in my roadster pickup and had stopped off at the local restaurant for lunch. when i came out, a lady and two young girls were dressed up in there sunday finest just waiting for whoever owned that car to come out.

I walked out, hopped in and said hi. the little 6 year old girl walked up and said, THIS is the coolest car, I have ever seen.

Thanks little girl, i take that to heart.

9. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

I been building and working on old cars forever and driving something odd for my age group since I could drive, always used to get "how much did you pay for that" and " where did you buy that" as if someone young couldn't do it! Used to drive me crazy. But the worst I've copped was, is that a 57 Chevy? In both my 62 falcon and 50 pontiac! Total disbelief! Both times coming from older gentlemen....

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. I had my old 52 Buick hardtop disassembled and looking very sorry for itself sitting under a tarp. The poor old car had been hand painted in grey primer, the floor was rotted, the engine and gearbox was out, the seats were just rusty springs, the windows were all cracked. Anyway, we had to get a tree cut down in our back yard and the old Buick was not far away from it. Five tree fellers arrived and they all started asking "gee, mate, what's under the cover there?" And when I said a 52 Buick coupe they all got really excited. "Show us, mate! Show us!"...so I did.

And they all walked away very quietly... I suspect in shock. heheh.

11. We were driving home from the shop and filled the tank on the way. when we got home some friends of my dad said they saw a really cool car at the gass station earlyer. turned out to be my car, that was quite cool! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. 1959apache

1959apache

I was driving home in the '64 C10 last night with the bed full of stuff from my parents house (bumpers for the '40 Plymouth, a bbq, a bunch of other car parts, tools and equipment, etc. and I was at a stop light. Keep in mind I had already been driving for 45 minutes, the truck was plenty warmed up, and I was ready to get home... Low and behold a couple in a pretty nice OT convertible pull up beside me to turn left and the lady in the passenger seat starts bitching to me how the C10 is bad for the environment. Instead of arguing with people that will never understand I just pulled the choke and let them breathe that for about 30 seconds or so :D... This thing was belching unburnt fuel vapor and black smoke... I asked them "Is that better?"... Keep in mind my wife was in the car and laughing pretty hard. I am sure that was the longest 30 seconds of their lives. They sped off to get out of the cloud and I quickly pushed the choke back in. The biker behind him that was also turning rolled by my window and said while laughing "cool truck!" A couple lights down I impressed a pair of sexy water buffalo in a truck and their mouth-breathing children as I watched the kid say "COOOL". In all seriousness I felt pretty good about that kid being impressed.

13. iarodder

iarodder

Thats hilarious, I almost spit out my doughnut! :D Almost sounds like something I'd say. My wife would tell people that I love the old car more than her? I don't but the car is a close second...:rolleyes:

14. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

Had my survivor condition 38 Nash at a car show, the 1st year I had it... had a young gal came up & looked inside the open hood, & asked me if I "towed" it there... puzzled, I said no, I drove it... she said "how could you drive it here, 1/2 the parts are missing on the engine"... I assured her all the original parts were on the flathead 6, that's just what they looked like back then... she walked away shaking her head, & wondering how it would run without all the "stuff" on it...;)

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Today at a gas station a guy in an Eagle talon made of rust and bondo said "I like your work in progress" I said thanks, then he says "you should put that up on blocks and finish it..." I just looked at him and said "I think I'd rather just drive it." he looked so confused.

16. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

An OT-friend (Not a car guy) looked at the project in my garage/shop and listened patiently as I enthusiastically told him what I'd done and what I was doing next. When I was done he just looked at me and said "I hope you'll have a long life". I guess those projects can look pretty hopeless to ordinary people…

17. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

These are two questions I get ALL the time about my Model A "Is that a kit car?" and my favorite "is that thing street legal" geeees kids now days just have no clue! Ill never understand why these kids would rather sink $10,000 into a Honda civic or a 96' S-10 "mini-truck" when they could build something cool made of actual steel!

18. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

My 5 year old grandson (Yes, he's a car dude) came to visit last summer before he was out of the minivan he said "Can we see what's in the garage?" When I opened the door his comment was "Grandpa you got Hot-Wheels" Love that little guy!!!

19. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

:DEvery time my wife mashes the gas a little in her OT pickup, at a light or to pass on the highway, my four year old daughter hears the exaust note change and says "Whoo-hoo! Hot rod, mommy!" My wife thinks she spens too much time with my old trucks and me. I say just about right...:D

20. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Yesterday I had and older guy walk up smiling at the Cadillac .He said he had the same car way back when.He walked around the car smiling day dreaming about better times.

21. crashbox

crashbox

"Did anybody get hurt in that wreck?"

22. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

when people like that are staring just pick your nose in front of them they will look away!

23. models916

models916

My buddy has a black 65 corvette with a blower. Had a girl tell him, if cars could F___, she would be on the hood right now.

24. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Mostly people pointing and laughing....

25. BIG APE

BIG APE

I have a 1949 Nash Super 600 4 door, original two tone green. It has a up-dated suspension with a punched and cammed 350, 4:11 camero rear end and thrush exaust. Kinda lumpy and loud. Sitting at a red light and a older lady pulls next to me and says"My dad had a car just like that but it sure didn't sound like that!!" Sure made my day LOL

26. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

I had my 1951 Chevy at a car showing in Northern California when some guys and girls in bike leathers can up to the car and were complimenting me on it, when one of them said, can I take some photo's of your car with my girl on it. Just to be a smart ass. I said only if she is naked. :eek: What happened next is XXX rated. I hope my wife never sees those photo's. Our my ass is grass:D

27. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

A good looking, well optioned young lady and her partner stroll over to the wagon and start looking around.

The guy states, "Cool! I'da never thought a station wagon for a race car."

The girl trumps everything, "I got laid in one of these in high school........"

My buddy is checking tire pressures on the other side swallowed his dip and was sick all afternoon.

Attached Files:

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I recently had a car full of goofs ask if my T Bucket was a go-cart. I told 'em, "Yea. Yea it is." Some assholes don't deserve a nice response.

29. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Had a guy looking over my Avatar truck and he says "that's ths coolest, most believeable old truck I've ever seen" That struck me as a hell of a complement. BILL RINALDI

30. I've had someone yell at me because the metal flake in my car was hurting their eyes...seriously!