Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMB did good again! MELB AUS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kool 52, May 13, 2013.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Man. I was hoping to see that car in person some day.. Now I'm going to have to fly halfway around the world to do that.

But seriously, congrats! That is a great hot rod..

2. mark glad to see you finally got it home, cool little roadster.
    Al.

3. LabRat

LabRat

Neato ! Always encouraging to see more modified stuff getting in ...

4. 32deuce

32deuce

Nice ride, is it real?

5. kool 52

kool 52

Appreciate the comments as I am sure Dennis would,the Hamb has been good to me in many ways.I had been lurking on here from early 2000 before I thought it right to pay for the privilage of the knowledge I gained & the veiwing pleasure,becoming a alliance member in 2009.Used plenty of inspiration from the HAMB to build the family rocket Chopped 52 Chev sedan over a 5 yr period.In 2011 a thread was posted on the HAMB asking for like minded guys in Melbourne to come along to a BBQ,with the intentions of putting together a Relability Run based on the famous Pasadena runs.It was the HAMB again who put a group of guys together who have created something special.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  6. kool 52

kool 52

Look at the photos!

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Time to build a bigger garage, Bails!!!!!

8. Nice one Mark! You'll be an expert on those early Ford boxes in no time know... :D

Look forward to seeing this one in person.

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

What he said. Nice score.

10. kool 52

kool 52

On to it already Coby!

11. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Yep that thing is sweet, don't change a thing!

12. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Love that car. Hate to ask, but could you post a picture of the interior that includes the seat and the whole floor? Thanks!!

13. 63Compact

63Compact

Congrats Bails look foward to checking it out.

14. kool 52

kool 52

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Thanks man! Looking at building a 27 and trying to study-up. Leg room is an issue, so I am looking at how everyone is doing their floor/toe-board/seat etc.

16. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

When I built this car leg room and comfort were a big concern. A lot of people leave the stock toe board angle and I don't know how they deal with it. It ends up puting your ankles at an extreme angle and would surely result in cramps and discomfort. I removed the stock, triangle shaped, toe board supports and made a steeper toe board that not only was at a much better angle for my ankles, but picked up about a foot of heel room in the process. This allows the driver and passenger to stretch their legs out pretty good. With a lot of T's you end up sitting with your knees to your chin and that sucks.

There is a narrow ledge around the bottom of the firewall and I simply changed the angle of the ledge and attached the toe panel with sheet metal screws. The floor panel has a 1 1/2" flange on it that was bent in a brake to match the angle of the toe panel. I welded captive nuts onto the flange and the bottom of the toe panel attaches with 1/4" bolts. Everyone who has ever gone for a ride in this car has remarked at how roomy it feels for a T.

The seat cushion is also on the floor so when seated in the car you're looking through the windshield, not over it. One of my biggest pet peeves with T's is seeing the drivers head a foot above the windshield.