Register now to get rid of these ads!

'51 Pontiac .. from OHIO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Luke4554, Jul 27, 2012.

1. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

2. Luke4554

Luke4554

Thanks! She was real nervous and doesnt like getting her picture taken but i think she looked amazing and makes the car look 10x better than it does!

Luke

3. Window Licker

Window Licker

Hey killer car man. loved watching this build.

bring that thing up to The Panty Raid in the end of july.

4. cmarcus

cmarcus

Luke, I am going to be in need of floorboards at some time in the near future on my 50, and like what you did with yours. Do you have any more pics that show the underside V channels as well? I am without a bead roller and will probably end up doing something similar.
    Thanks!

5. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Grats on everything going on in your life. Thanks for sharing it here.:cool::D

6. Luke4554

Luke4554

Hey thanks .. ! Hopefully i can build my confidence enough to take her out that far by then!

Ill check.. im not sure if i took many during the process. I basically took small gauge angle iron and welded it to the underside of the panels in a diagonal pattern under the floorboards. Its not necessarily the best option.. obviously a bead roller is best .. but its still strong and worked for us. Just remember to alternate the pattern so you get good rigidity under the panel. Ill check and see if i have more pics.. if so ill throw some up.

Thanks! Hoping to get all my wedding shots edited and posted up soon.. got a couple nice ones.

Luke

.. ps havent done shit since i got back from Hawaii .. drove it a couple times and thats about it. :p

7. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

8. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

9. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

very cool build...
    Here's my '50 Catalina that I just got

Attached Files:

10. castleman1111

castleman1111

DUDE!! just saw yur wedding pics!!! great car!! awesome wife!! and all i can say is thank god for you and me that there are still hot women out there that dig us "manly men!!!" lmao!!!! but, seriously...CONGRATS!!!

11. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

Great pixs...what a lovely bride!
    Congratulations and may you have many happy years...now back to the Poncho, any updates?:D:D:D

12. Luke4554

Luke4554

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Haven't done anything lately. Although.. I did order a visor from big Jim's hopefully it will show up this decade and I can get that installed. Went with a factory NOS style visor because I think they look the best. Also looking into ordering some chrome trim for the rockers since I've never had any and I think those always look nice. Once I get a chance I'll probably get some nice plaid fabric from Joanns and redo the seats so they actually look halfway decent. I found a real nice pattern that's mostly grey and dark grey but has dark burgundy pinstriping in it and I think it would flow well with all of my grey and white inside the car already.

Pictures will follow as soon as I get the parts.

Luke

13. Luke4554

Luke4554

Went to my first show sat. Pretty good time .. $10 entry .. free shirts to the first 75 entered and dash plaques. Car didnt win anything (wasnt expecting to) .. but i did win a real nice fold out chair in the raffle! In any case had a real good time .. it was fun to get it out and show it off finally!

Heres the car sitting next to my friends 1965 F100 .. his first show too.

Had a great time .. now im starting to fill my calendar with local shows through the summer.

[​IMG]

Luke

14. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)The car looks great in the pic ,Luke. Enjoy the summer.:cool::D

15. cmarcus

cmarcus

Any luck with the visor yet? Can't wait to see it!

16. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

I have a 51 4 door chieftain. I dig this thread, got some useful stuff for me to get out of it for sure.
    Looking good!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Luke4554

Luke4554

Not yet .. still sitting in the box .. need to get off my ass and work on the car again. :rolleyes:

18. maddog1949

maddog1949

Looks awesome..