Register now to get rid of these ads!

A reason to feel young.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, May 15, 2013.

1. I ,as many here are -am near what we laughingly refer to as..... a Senior citizen:D.........
    I turned [62] this year and I was lately feeling my age ,it seems,maybe more than should be necessary...........

Today a couple friends of mine,[both also customers] came by for a visit that woke me up to the possibility that I was worrying needlessly about age and desire keep our hobbys/interests alive as we age.....

Joe Sportsman and Paul Coram called me and wanted to drop by the shop and let me see Joe's car, that he was getting closer to being a finished car.

I welcomed the opportunity as I had chopped the top for him previously....

BTW=I very often never get another look at many cars that I have worked on.

He jokingly asked if I remembered when that job was done, I said....I dont know,its been a while, he said yeah[look at your signature inside the roof!= it was chopped in 1999!:cool:

Wow. you have really stayed with the project Joe....He and our buddy Paul did almost evry aspect of this owner built ride and I think they did real good .

Even has a 54 Olds dash....
    My point taken here is these fellows have some age[not mentioning how much]:p on me and many here , we can stop saying we are too old to accomplish our builds now and take a cue from these "young guns":) here and be inspired by their efforts!!!!

I wanted to post some pics of his car for your viewing pleasure,I actually forget the chop amount so.........
    ENJOY!

Attached Files:

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Another great looking chop Kenny! You're only as old as you feel (or act :rolleyes:)... You going to be at Rust Revival this year?

3. Yeah Stevie,
    My brother reggie[Scarliner here] and me/our band 's playing the opening Friday night gig.....as usual my cars are all apart!

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you kow that car belongs to an old fart or it would be on the ground dragging ass like a dog with worms. nice.

5. indianhead74

indianhead74

I will deny my senior status unless the're giving out discounts. Indy

6. 62,,man you are old! :eek: HRP :D

7. slammed

slammed

The pillars are perfect, the slope to the rear is what should be for these fastbacks.

8. Don't sweat it my Dad's 90 this year . Still buys a new daily driver every 2years and has a 38 Dodge coupe for Sunday drives .

9. Yup... I like everything about how the car is set up too although at first I thought you were talking about your avatar:D

10. 33 coupe

33 coupe

Age is only the number on your drivers license! Now go kick some ass!

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

somebody should tell that to my dick.:eek:

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Bwhahahaha hah !
    Happy belated b day Kenny! Now ya can retire and run for mayor of Elmer! :D

13. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I'm 67 and still at it.

14. larry k

larry k

you are only as old as you would be ! ! if you did'nt know how old you really are ???:confused:

15. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'm getting used to being 71---I didn't say I like it.

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Good message brother Kenny!

Ask yourselves, 'How many Summers do I have left'?

17. These fellows are REAL go getters,Paul has also built a 52 Olds with many cool features and great work done for the most part by him.....I will try to get him up here with it and add a pic of that too.
    I usually "think young" myself but I see a few guys who let themselves get old before their time,and we cannot do that it is just a step backwards in our hobby......

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Hope I can build until I die. Now get to work! Lifes short. :)

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm 62, and really don't care if any of my projects are ever finished. Having them is the fun part. Bob

20. spooler41

spooler41

Kenny, You are just a junior senior at this point in time. You still need three years
    experience before you can call your self a true senior. Then at 70 is when you will
    qualify for the geezers club. That is when the fun really starts.

Welcome to the club......................Jack

21. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Beautiful Chevy. Hell, I'm even old enough to like the rally wheels.

22. WWinIL

WWinIL

I was told at age 65 you can legally drive in the left lane 20 mph under the speed limit with you turn signal on?

Great looking chop as usual Kenny! Keep up the good work!

23. drunkandgreasy

drunkandgreasy
    from nunya

My pop is 70, can't keep him out of the garage, hes got several hudsons that keep him busy. His best friend and my pal Gus is 76, hard as nails and totally kicks ass in the garage despite his MS.
    So let me give you "geezers" a 44 year olds point of view.

My generation( the smart ones) know for a fact your generation is tough as nails, way harder than us. We lean on you for the real history of what we love, hotrods.
    You old fellas have the best stories, hands down. Most of us wish we were born when you were when we sit around looking as old pics of your forgotten hotrods.

You probably feel out of place around people half your age, I do, but your not, your looked up to.

So my advice, from a guy half yalls age, is more like a request...don't stop til they bury your asses behind your garage.

Hope I didn't hijack this, so to cover my ass, that chop is waaaay sweet. I can tell an older guy is drivin that cuz of the rallies....a little out of place, but still cool looking!

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Kenny, QUIT thinking about your age...worrying about it only makes it worse...and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it...we all get old...!! I'm pushing 70 and feel like my best days are still ahead of me...and right now, I'm in the garage working on a '60 Chevy wagon...you can see me (in some of the pics) and the build here:

You've got good days ahead of you...don't squander them worrying.

R-

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Kenny, QUIT thinking about your age...worrying about it only makes it worse...and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it...we all get old...!! I'm pushing 70 and feel like my best days are still ahead of me...and right now, I'm in the garage working on a '60 Chevy wagon...you can see me (in some of the pics) and the build here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785551&highlight=the+2nd+best+60+chevy

You've got good days ahead of you...don't squander them worrying.

R-