Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who likes to polish aluminum???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NEWFISHER, May 3, 2013.

1. Being a polisher by trade I feel like an airstream would drive me batshit crazy trying to keep it super shiny!!

2. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Brian, thanks for the input and your set up is amazing!

Chuck, I'm honored to have you post on my thread and am proud to keep the avid outdoorsman and camper alive with our Avion.

a little more info for those curious about Avion.
    http://silveravion.com/2010History.htm

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  3. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Those who have polished them before me say that once a good polish has been acheived, they are easier to maintain and last quite along time. Mine had been polished over 10 years ago and just washed once in awhile before use. it had started to oxidize and you could see cloudy or milky areas withing the surface. We have a vintage trailer rally this weekend and I plan on finishing the final polish after we return. I have to say that the labor portion wasn't as bad as people make it out to be and I'm now not afraid to " re-polish" or final polish after the rally.

4. LaSalle Gearbox

LaSalle Gearbox
    from ohio

Speaking of polishing aluminum, out of boot camp I got sent to Naval Air Station Memphis. My first job was polishing Ike's old Constellation, named Columbine after the flower. After Ike was done with it, it was passed down to some admiral. There was a crew of us. No buffers, we each had a can of NevrDull. That was a few years ago.

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Did I say I think your 'Burb and Avion look pretty cool together? They do, didn't mean to slight the rig, nor your hard work. We're off to Milford, the TCT Spring Rally tomorrow. I got the day off, and spent the morning polishing the truck, since I'm on a roll polishing things.

Have fun at your rally out there. There's a Spartan meet in WA sometime this summer that some of our friends from here in MI are going to. We passed, staying closer to home, and we have another cross country trip in June/July pulling the Spartan.

Brian

6. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

LaSalle, that hand rubbing sounds like a ton of work!

Brian, Yes a Spartan Rally is near here. They are really cool trailers with tons of room!