Register now to get rid of these ads!

New From NC --1950 Styline DeLuxe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by OneIdPol, Mar 16, 2013.

1. OneIdPol

OneIdPol

This is my first build in years. I started out purchasing a ratty 1950 Styleline that was a hodgepodge of rat rod dreams. It has a late model 305 from a Camero, Grand National rear end, a tilt wheel steering column from a chevy astro van or something. While looking for parts for this POS, I found a guy who had all the parts I needed and wanted...so I bought it all.

When I say I bought it all, I purchased another 1950 Styleline, this one is a numbers matching resto project. It's a complete car with original 216, 3 speed tranny, original arm rests, seats, steering, headliner bows, all the trim etc etc. So the ratty POS became the parts car / blueprint. Blueprint? Well the 2nd purchase, while complete in theory, is basically a rolling chassis. It was stripped down for a frame off resto, media blasted and painted an odd color with even odder flake. The PO got as far as putting the engine, trans and suspension back together then let it sit for two years, outside, without the hood.

So here I am with a roller, all the parts in boxes with jars of screws and various odd and ends. An engine that is locked up, not seized but locked up from the elements. So for the last week I have been dousing the cylinders with Marvel Mystery Oil and PB Blaster. I have been able to rotate the crank pulley about a 1/4 turn, but the dog tabs were not meant for such pressure, I broke a tab today. So I will continue the process with more penetrating oil and try the flywheel or the rocking method.

Attached Files:

2. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

Nice..
    They are cool cars and I really do like ours being a four door. Some advice ill give free of charge.... Stay away from national Chevy when ordering parts. This place is crazy!!! I've had real good luck with chevs of the 40's and the filling station..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. AREA51SD

AREA51SD

Nice Project. Welcome from Salisbury, NC.

4. Cracker123

Cracker123

Dude, was that car on Craiglist, for sale in Clayton? I read that ad 10 times, thinking MAYBE I could justify ONE MORE project. Hehe

5. OneIdPol

OneIdPol

The one in Clayton is what im referring to as the ratty one, my parts car.

6. OneIdPol

OneIdPol

Thanks for the heads up, Ive noticed the filling station to be good prices. I havent had to purchase any parts...yet. Im still opening boxes and finding solid components. For safety I am going to purchase a new wiring harness, I've heard from a friend the kits from ididit.com are easy to follow, install and not too pricey.

I'm torn between the 2dr and 4dr as far as looks, but as a family man the 4dr was easier to convince the wife with.

7. OneIdPol, welcome aboard...good find and keep us posted on the build!

8. Cracker123

Cracker123

Well very cool man, I'm right down the road from your (Near McGees Xroads) - I hope our paths cross sometime!

9. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

Nice,welcome from reading,pa...i also have a 50 deluxe coupe..pic's are in my profile

10. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

I just saw this,
    On the wiring I'd for sure stay away from NCA, I bought one from them for around 6-700.00 bucks and the wiring diagram looks to be drawn by a child with crayons!!!! For real.. No bs

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. kennkat

kennkat

Hello and Welcome from Twain Harte, Ca, USA.... Nice project!

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Welcome from Rhinebeck NY. Dreaming of moving to Boone NC. Love the GM coupes from 49-51.

Pat

13. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Nice project, Welcome from Maryland.

14. Welcome from Winson Salem

15. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Any updates on the project?

16. dudley32

dudley32

welcome from Fayetteville...