Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville 1990 The Lost Video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dechrome, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Buzznut

Buzznut

If nothing else, I'd love to have a copy just to own part of the history. I was only 19 when your video was shot and didn't start getting out to Bonneville until 1999.

2. bobbyhstl

bobbyhstl
    from St Louis

I didn't realize you had such great video from the meet. The quality of the pictures is fantastic. I remember seeing you taking all the video but forgot about it after 22 years. I think you will have a huge success putting the video on the HAMB.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. dechrome

dechrome

Bobbyhstl,
    The photos on the post are from the still camera but show just some of the cars in the video.
    You show up doing your Hi Guy wave that you popularized in the 50s. Sorry but I can not edit that out.
    See my add in Misc Classifieds on the HAMB.

deChrome

4. dechrome

dechrome

Just a few more pictures.
    deChrome

Attached Files:

5. dechrome

dechrome

bttt
    Just a couple of more pictures.

deChrome

Attached Files:

6. I'm in !! Just let me know the cost!

Fuzzy Knight
    SDRC
    Sargent At Arms

7. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

wow this brought back some memories. in '90 i would have been 9 years old. the bmr guys were given a ration of shit for taking the drip rails off the coupe so they made some gutters and hung them on the side of the car! lol.

the noice & confal street roadster... f'ing insane. the summers brothers jaz lakester... the bean bandits... swamp rat... walkey's streamliner... i think that's frank klos lookin' like a young man in front of the vintage sprinter... the mccoon & hootz lakester... cook's t-bird... the lesman streamliner... wow. i feel old.

8. Naw, you are young Nate. I have 20 on you and we look the same age!:D

Missed that BMR deal, funny shit!

9. I would be down for a copy as well. 1990 was my first time out on the salt. My dad's 29 roadster with me standing by it made the cover of Tex Smith's Hotrod Mechanix taken out on the salt. Seems like yesterday. Wow! 23 years ago. Time flies. Does anyone have an extra event sticker from that year? I'm looking for a few years.
    Oh, by the way. Al Teague kicked ass that year. It was so cool watching him run over 400.

10. dechrome

dechrome

Fuzzy Knight, curbspeed, The video is $20 and my add and info is on the Misc. Classifieds here on the HAMB. Please search as it may be a few pages back.

deChrome

11. mcbay

mcbay

Put me down for a copy ;)

12. Dale, I still have a couple of copies of that magazine as my yellow coupe was in the background in that cover shot. That was a fun Speedweek, including the trip down, I remember the distinct sound of your dads roadster with the 4 banger...
    I have a bunch of 35mm photos from that meet, including you and your dad and his car.....I need to get them digitized.

13. I do remember meeting up with you .Did you join us in Montana or further south? Did you pick up any extra event stickers? I need one for my roadster.

14. dechrome

dechrome

I sent out several DVDs. Any good or bad comments?
    deChrome

15. bobbyhstl

bobbyhstl
    from St Louis

I looked at the whole three hours and enjoyed reliving our trip to Bonneville in 1990. The quality of the picture is pretty good considering it was transferred from Super 8. Hope everyone else likes the DVD as much as I did. That initial visit to the salt has kept me coming back every year since.

16. Ole don

Ole don

I am about 2/3 through my copy, the old lady went about out of her mind at the sounds. I'll finish when she shops. Thanks for making this available. Its great stuff. For you guys who have never been to Bonneville? Dont buy this, you will save thousands of dollars.
    See ya on the salt.

17. dechrome

dechrome

Ole Don
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the DVD. The sounds are great but still don't compare to being there.
    deChrome

18. sinticket

sinticket

Id love to see it!!!