Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone from Maryland drive the ICC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by colhogen, May 13, 2013.

1. colhogen

colhogen
    from Baltimore

Question for any Maryland rodders out there with vintage licence plates. Sometimes I drive my Falcon to work on the Intercounty conector. I have a set of 1965 blue and white plates on it right now, they are registered with the MVA so no cop problems. However I never receive a bill for driving the ICC.

Perhaps this is a loophole? Anyone else notice this?

2. Consider joining the "Maryland Hambers" social group.

There is a discussion about plates going on over there right now.

Whats the ICC ???

Some kinda toll road I figure.

I accidentaly blew thru a toll in western Md in my car with 1958 plates and never recieved any demand for payment.

I would keep this low key because as soon as the cops find this out our historic plate privilages will go away.

But I also would not abuse this situation.

Oldmics

3. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

So, their`s no gates to get on and off this road?
    If no? then their depending on honesty that you have a smart tag?
    Knowing MD. They will get their money:rolleyes:

4. colhogen

colhogen
    from Baltimore

Yep new road runs from Laurel to Gaithersburg. No gates, you get an ezpass or you get a bill in the mail.

Thx Oldmics, I will join that group.

Mods you can remove this thread.

5. An interesting situation for sure. Don't know the answer to your inquiry, but I'm sure the state is on it and won't let it slide for long. Maryland, The Free State, where absolutely nothing is free!

6. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

So, you don't have an e-z pass? Or do you?

i take the connector every now and then, but i have an ez pass.

My theory is the people examining the pictures think the blue and white is either an out of state plate or don't give a shit.

BTW, did you know I-395 was supposed to stretch all the way from alexandria to laurel? (was supposed to go thru rock creek park)

7. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

You're not supposed to use the ICC unless you have an ez pass. Having lived in the state of MD for 66 years all I can say is ....They will get their money, They won't forget, you will get a bill, if you don't have an ez pass it will include a fine.

8. MY guess it that your plates are not reflective and the camera isn't picking up a good shot. I wouldn't mess with it as I believe you get hit with a fine if you don't have EZ-Pass. with all the damn tolls on 95 through Maryland, I have EZ pass in several cars. They are Velcroed to the window so I could put it another car if I needed to.

9. colhogen

colhogen
    from Baltimore

There is no fine for going through the ICC without an EZpass. They well charge you 150% price though, and send you a bill in the mail. So a $4 toll becomes a $6 toll. I assume this is to cover the cost of paperwork and billing.

In the past i have used it with my daily driver mazda/motorcycle and the bill comes in about 3 weeks.

10. The "Cops" have nothing to do with the collection of tolls... This is taken care of by Maryland Transportation Authority and the State of Maryland. Big difference if you know how it all works....

11. I am aware of how it works.

The "cops" terminology was a loose reference to any and all in power that can make our driving lifestyle more miserable and expensive.

Now if you really want your cookies frosted - checkout who is getting all the monies from the ICC arrangement with the state of Md.

I"ll give you a hint- it aint America :mad:

Oldmics