Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-power carb ID help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fif-t-3, May 12, 2013.

1. I bought this tri-power setup off of everyone's favorite auction sight. I need help iding the carbs so that I can get the correct rebuild kits. They came on an Edelbrock, C357 intake, they do not have any sort of id tags, and the only numbers I can find on them is on the bottom: 700 8597. Any help yu guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 327Eric

327Eric

Rochester 2 jets. I always used a kit for a 67 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup with a 283 or 327 2 barrel. The kit comes with enough gaskets to cover all the variations in my setup. Make sure it has the accelerator pump cup in it.

3. Cool Tony! Putting that on the 53?

4. Andy

Andy

I hope CarbKing chines in. I will take a guess and say you have a set of 348 tri power carbs. I know they are not 58's so could be 59 to 61. Good score.

5. Yes Jeff, they're going to go on the 53.
    I'm just wanting to make sure that I get the correct kits for the outer ones as well as a correct kit for the inside one. I really don't know whole lot about carbs and there seems to be so many different kits out there. Thanks for your help so far.

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think they're referred to as 2Gs. They're the desirable version with the smaller airhorns that take all the vintage style air cleaners. I think the 2GCs are the bigger airhorns. I have a set of each and the 2GCs are marked as such. Stude Eric, that's good advice.

7. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

GP sorenson 96-111d should work for rebuild kit