Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming to America

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrissyp, May 12, 2013.

1. chrissyp

chrissyp

Ok I know this sounds like an age away, but we will be in Las Vegas for the SEMA show. Just wondering if there are any local boys who could point us in the direction of any events over the weekends before and after. We will be there from the 1st to the 11th Nov. Oh and I should say we are all from London, England.

Chris..

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Gives you time to pop down to California and take a swim in the Pacific. Death Valley, Route 66 and Hoover dam. Vegas alone will keep you busy for a week.
    Enjoy. SEMA is great.
    Ed

3. chrissyp

chrissyp

Thanks. This will be our third SEMA, this time we are taking a little more time out to look a little further than just the strip.

4. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Welcome, wish I could help you, but I'm quite a ways off! I can point you in the right direction! Are you going to do something like Clarkson and "cruise"?? How's the weather over there?

5. pitman

pitman

The Hoover Dam is not far from the strip, well worth seeing the area. There was some new bridge construction there that should be dramatic as finished, too. Then there's the track, nearby w/events happening.

6. WWinIL

WWinIL

Auto Club Finals NHRA Drag racing Nov.7-10 in Pomona,Ca. So-Cal Speed shop is located in Pomona also. And, if your going that direction you might want to go to L.A. to visit the Petersen Auto Museum.

7. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Come to L.A. and I'll drive you around. When in Vegas, there's the car collection at the Imperial Palace. In L.A. you should go to the Petersen Museum -- and the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar -- and the Auto Driving Museum in El Segundo (near LAX.) Early on Saturday mornings there's Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach (6-9AM) and late Friday afternoons there's Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake (Burbank.) There are heaps of speed shops you can visit. See if the Pomona Swap Meet is on while you're here (all day affair.) As you get closer to your dates here, check SoCalCarCulture on your computer. You can come to my house and help me pull weeds, if you like.

8. chrissyp

chrissyp

We managed to get to the SoCal speed shop BBQ last time we were there. That was a cool day. Seen the collection at the Imperial Palace, that was good. Normally its a short stay for SEMA then home so it will be nice to have more time this year.

9. chrissyp

chrissyp