Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '42' Fleetline stylemaster? aero sedan deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by judder_man, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Your heater was put in by an hack, they really do work well and heat a car very nicely. I'm putting one in my '52 Chevy under the seat and a smaller one that's mounts on the dash for defrosters. IIt's a good choice of an heater when you don't want one under the dash taken up too much room.
    Good luck on your cool right.................
    CRUISER :cool:

2. Yeah, I've seen that car, it's super nice. Mine is actually 2 tone, but only noticeable in bright sunlight.

3. Notice my post said that the underseat heaters were generally installed as a dealer add-on. This example...not.

4. judder_man

judder_man
    from U.K.

Started stripping the front end today and took a look at the body tags to find out what my original trim spec

trim spec was 132
    paint spec was 321

I believe painted two tone upper in fortress gray lower in torpedo gray. I'm yet to learn what the 132 trim spec is.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  5. Best I can tell, 123 trim code is red leather on a 1941 convertible, possibly a leftover from 1941. You're right on the colors for paint. Here's a link with all the codes. I love these body styles. Kepp at it and post lots of pics!!!
    http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/models/cowl.htm

6. judder_man

judder_man
    from U.K.

Doh, miss post lol my trim number is 132 now known to be Tan Stripe Fabric but will be posting more pics soon. Ive only been doing boring stuff at mo. Making glass templates before the glass is too knacked to use.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  7. Plydablues

Plydablues
    from California

8. judder_man

judder_man
    from U.K.

Not yet unfortunately. I'm waiting on some spares from a few guys on here. Then hope to get stuck back in.

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Those heaters are original. You need to research the car really good before you start cutting things up or throwing things away. Those accessory bumper guards you have are pricey. You are lucky to find a 42 Fleetline that's so complete and in fairly good shape so do your home work.
    Peace.

10. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

The "La Mission" Movie car for a little motivation...

Attached Files:

11. judder_man

judder_man
    from U.K.

Thanks for the advice

That's a sweet ride. Thanks for the push. I'm hoping to drop back on it real soon and hit it hard.

12. krome

krome

my buddy is building a 42 - let me know if you find floor board, door or trunk patch panels. also if you have extra left over parts. Bumbers, fenders etc

thanks

13. judder_man

judder_man
    from U.K.

Ok so life got in the way for a while but I managed to drop back on to the Fleetline over Christmas 2014 But thrown myself into it.
    After several rear axle choices Ive gone jag far from the tradition of the HAMB but hey what you gonna do. I figure if you guys had access to these like we do you'd be all over them too. So this is where I'm at......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    mgtstumpy and jadegrenade 51 like this.
  14. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

OP was on last month (April 2017), trim code 132 is Tan Stripe Fabric.
    Rust panels are readily available for these 'A' bodied Chevs including are running board mats, sill scuff plates and other rubber ware.
    upload_2017-5-7_12-42-14.png

upload_2017-5-7_12-40-7.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2017