Register now to get rid of these ads!

pics of my ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsled73, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Derek

Derek

Dude, I gotta agree with Repoguy here, and most others too. Don't try to make it something it isn't, a 50's/60's custom. There are plaenty of cool cars after that time period that you could style that car after. And please don't get me wrong, I like those early 70's GM cars, I have owned more than you can shake a stick at. I am currently the proud owner of a '74 Caprice. It's a 4 door hardtop. I'd like to lowrider it someday, something mild, suicide the rear doors, something, I dunno yet. Lower the rear end, but I won't try to make it something it's not, and that is a kustom in the style of K's and Z's. If it were mine, I'd clean it up, make it run good and driev the piss out of it. You all can make fun of me all you want, but in my opinion, nothing rides and drives like an early '70's GM boat. I love 'em.

2. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Watch the Movie BOULEVARD NIGHTS.
    the cars in it are a great lesson in
    50' customizing + 60's paint tricks = 70's lowrider heaven
    Oh yeah call your car a glasshouse and CHOLOS will respect you for knowing what's up.
    Peace Vato.

3. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

that might not impress people. . . .since it isn't a glasshouse.

4. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I wasn't gonna say anything but he is right! a glass house is a '74-'76 impala or caprice with a side window that is about 2 feet wide with a 4 inch wide span of metal between the drivers door and the side window. you have what is called a ("notch-back") rear window, (it may be called other things too), and there is also a fast back and sport coupe model too. car nut .com, and lay it low.com, will have these styles so you can see the differences. most all differences are in the rear side glass and rear window and trunk area.

5. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

I didnt say it would impress HAMBERS or even LOWRIDERS.
    I said it would impress CHOLOS.
    I know what a glasshouse is.
    Peace!

6. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

7. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Ive got a 74 convert. had it 10 years now. I love that car. I have had many aspirations to do something different with mine too. But in the end. I have decided it had such distinctive lines (gotta love those peaked fenders) that all it needs is to shave it all clean, lower it a few inches (airbags in the future- easy, coils at all 4 corners already) and hit it with a tinted suede (like dark, dark blue) and drive the hell out of it. yep thats my dream.

8. That DAgostino car makes me want to buy an ElDorado sooooo bad...it is for sale on his website for...get this...$75,000!!! I am going to save my pennies and buy a real decent one for under 10 then see what I can do from there...I better practice good and hard to paint nice and fancy like that.

9. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Yes many here will say your Impala is a lil new for this place but IMHO i think it would look trick doen up like a 70's era Cali style lowrider :cool:

10. ...

11. Deadender60

Deadender60

It would be cool to see your car done up like those D'agostino cars, but if you don't want to spend all that money.. I would give it a nice paint job and put some True Spokes on it, pinstripe your dad's name or something, lower it, and cruise it!

- Juan

here's a nice one... not the same year...

Attached Files:

12. dixiedog

dixiedog

Man loose those hubcaps and go back to original with a disco flare to it. :D

I wanted to get back my moms 78 Cordoba w/ 36K miles that I sold to a Chrysler mechanic that wanted to restore it but it ended up in the crusher :( . I should have kept it and restored it back (body was going) but ....

My personal recommendation is to restore it back and add some touches with chrome and go kinda low-low on the interior treatments and some sound too.

13. rev616

rev616

here is a sweet one i found..its a 74

Attached Files:

14. repoguy

repoguy

Damn Rev, been doin' a little digging?

15. theodore

theodore

If you paint it flat black with red steelies, don't forget to run the exhaust out the hood and paint numbers on the side....

16. McKee

McKee

dig this....

Attached Files:

17. rev616

rev616

actually.i was talking to ka-zoo last night,he has a 74 drop top so i did a google image search a found that one.then he showed me this thread.i like that car alot though.im trying to get him to swap it for my wagon