Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mothers Day 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Checkerwagon, May 11, 2013.

1. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

For all of you who need a reminder; Sunday is Mothers day. If you are so blessed to have a Mother or wife who should be recognized, handle it.

As a precaution, a gift of tools, chrome auto parts or a vacuum cleaner should not be your first choice.

Fair warning, do not fuck up*.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

*from a guy with 2 ex wives etc...

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

NICE !!!

I bitch at my brothers when they do something and then don't tell me, and then sit and laugh.....

I forget B-days and all important holidays.....

Thanks for keeping up with the rules on The Man Code!!!

3. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

btt to save a fellow heathen

4. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

I would gladly take tools.... torch, welder, lift, cherry picker... and my Packard is missing a rear bumper so chrome would be nice, too! You can skip the vacuum cleaner.

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies of the HAMB!

Cheers,
    Fanny Freckles

5. Ladyhrp owns a Flower Shop and for the last few day's it has been hectic,,,

Guy's always wait to the last minute,,,FACT! :D HRP

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey HRP, I'll be by around 5:30 tomorrow...and make it snappy...lol.

Oh yeah...and cheap too!

7. Take it up with her "Complaint Department" :D HRP

[​IMG]

8. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Crap! Looks like I'll be stopping by the cemetery. Saw a couple going on today and the flowers should still be fresh.

9. Brian C

Brian C

Remember, sometimes "Mother" is only half a word..................

especially if you F-up

10. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

I saw a segment on the "Roots" miniseries, and how they told the stories of past generations and their ancestors names, personalities, etc. I think in the fast pace world we live in that these special days should be used for reflection and teaching our young about where they came from and to be proud of their heritage. I know a lot of young people are confused and led astray and that family is a better glue for bonding than a gang or an abusive partner.

11. My wife is very happy with her new Samsung tablet computer I got her as a combo birthday/Mother's Day present... And I'm making donuts when I get home from work in an hour or so.

I *think* I'm good!...

12. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Been married 47 years, and yet Miss Linda still recalls (in detail) the year I got her a set of mag wheels for the '33 5W we had back in the 80s. Once burned is twice warned as my old granny used to say. This year it was additional beads for her Pandora bracelet. A most happy day to all the ladies out there, moms and wives that keep us all on a reasonably straight line!

13. I remember well the Ducati Motorcycle my Father in law bought his bride for Mothers Day,,,that didn't go well so I avoided that pitfall.

I bought a 32 Ford Coupe for Mothers Day!:D HRP

14. 4rod

4rod

My mom would always want to go for drives in the wilderness...we would be way up in the coast range along the oregon coast...one time dad snapped a tie rod, after getting stuck in a mug bog and hooking the chain to close to the tie rod the chain slipped and snap ...had to walk for forever...My mom, I remember fed us MRE's she'd always pack stuff like that just in case the world might blow up or something...come on it was the 70's...anyhow she's one tough chick i'll give you that...
    [​IMG]

15. Great photo! HRP

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful young family on an excursion in a big old farm truck. So cool!!!

17. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

What he said !!

18. sololobo

sololobo

Just had a delightful breakfast with my fabulous mother in law and my wifey. I am blessed with wonderful women in my life. My car gang, The South Omaha Turds wives are all so amazing, we may change our name to The Lucky Ones. Happy Mothers day to all. ~sololobo~

19. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"My mom would always want to go for drives in the wilderness...we would be way up in the coast range along the oregon coast...one time dad snapped a tie rod, after getting stuck in a mug bog and hooking the chain to close to the tie rod the chain slipped and snap ...had to walk for forever...My mom, I remember fed us MRE's she'd always pack stuff like that just in case the world might blow up or something...come on it was the 70's...anyhow she's one tough chick i'll give you that..."

Nice. She raised a good man.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

20. alanamhb

alanamhb
    from new york

I bitch at my brothers when they do something and then don't tell me[​IMG]

21. KStewart

KStewart

I bought my wife a baby skunk for her birthday, she was ok with it but everybody else raise heck about doing that. She thought it was funny that I did that.